By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Could Learn a Lot from Microsoft

I thought the point of the thread was to include Nintendo published switch games on the plus service. I was assuming older releases. However those Nintendo are still selling those titles from a range of 30-50 plus dollars even on the early Switch titles. Why would they include them on a service if most their games don't even go for under 30 let alone 40 or 50 for most of them.

They could put some that have stagnated in sales on a Selects line for 20-30 which would be nice for late adopters. They've done it for GC, Wii, 3DS and a few other systems.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

I thought the point of the thread was to include Nintendo published switch games on the plus service. I was assuming older releases. However those Nintendo are still selling those titles from a range of 30-50 plus dollars even on the early Switch titles. Why would they include them on a service if most their games don't even go for under 30 let alone 40 or 50 for most of them.

They could put some that have stagnated in sales on a Selects line for 20-30 which would be nice for late adopters. They've done it for GC, Wii, 3DS and a few other systems.

Because reasons?  Heck I don't know what people are thinking either.  The switch is a monster, clearly consumers are happy.

OneTime said:

Again, all the people who want this.... will NEVER buy Nintendo. So how would doing this benefit Nintendo?

I buy Nintendo and I buy Gamepass. Or other way around: I love Gamepass, yet I also buy Nintendo. So yes, people who want that would buy Nintendo. At least one person.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 31 March 2022

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Jpcc86 said:

Das true.
But Microsoft could learn way more from Nintendo tho.

I think all of the big three have areas, in which they could learn from the others.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Dante9 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Quality games beyond 1st person shooters and horizon...of course Bethesda and the other companies they bought will help them out to an extent.

Horizon? Did you drag Sony into this conversation?

MS also has a Horizon, and it isn't a shooter so needs to be mentioned separately.

Around the Network

In general, all three could and do learn lessons from each other. We would never have had the PlayStation wand controllers, Kinect, PlayStation All Stars, or even Breath of the Wild if these companies didn't study each other and other companies.

What could still be learned?
Nintendo could learn to have a better internet platform from Microsoft.
PlayStation could learn to have more family friendly games from Nintendo to expand their appeal to parents and young kids.
Microsoft could learn from PlayStation's ability to make stunning single player games.

And plenty more. Lots to learn for everyone.

Mnementh said:
Jpcc86 said:

Das true.
But Microsoft could learn way more from Nintendo tho.

I think all of the big three have areas, in which they could learn from the others.

Couldnt agree more.