By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Could Learn a Lot from Microsoft

Nintendo could make it easier to communicate with friends and setup gaming sessions. It isn't big deal for me since if I am going to play Kart or Smash with friends we either text each other first or call. There are definitely areas that need improving. Also the slow pace of VC releases is pretty pathetic. They almost abandoned regular online players focusing on the plus subscribers it seems in my book. There are still tons of NES and SNES games that could be released.

Also they should bring back Nintendo Selects for 20 dollars for some other their older first party games like Yoshi, Kirby, etc.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

In fact they don't.  Nintendo doesn't owe you anything and isn't liable for your illegal activity.  

Nintendo's piss poor handling of their backlog is only encouraging unlicensed emulation. Giving us GOOD subscription game services is the only real way to cut down on ROM sites.

Excusing illegal activity is lame.  And let us be honest, pirates are going to pirate regardless.  Wii had an amazing VC library and still had countless mods to play illegal games.

Best way to get a company to change their policy is to stop supporting them.... and the Switch is one of the best selling consoles ever.

CaptainExplosion said:
CGI-Quality said:

What makes you think it isn't? All I've heard thus far are your complaints, not indisputable reasons Nintendo should follow Microsoft like a lost pet. That's all we have here. 

Why can't they continue to do their own thing, which, again, is obviously working?

Because it's not working for me, nor is it working for so many other people. The moment Switch 2 comes around NSO will be shut down like it meant nothing to Nintendo. They lack the common sense to do something better, like letting us carry our subscriptions over to Switch 2, because fuck customer loyalty I guess. -_-

If you're like me, and found a Firefox add on that restores YouTube dislikes, you'll see that the like/dislike ratio for this is still mostly dislikes.

Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass Trailer

How is it you know what Nintendo will do with the switch 2 when it hasn't even been announced yet?

RolStoppable said:

Game Pass is for companies who have trouble selling their games.

This, a hundred times. From a consumer perspective, it might be super good for the ones who have the time to enjoy multiple titles on a daily/weekly schedule. But from a business perspective MS has probably the need to dump millions and millions of dollars to make the system attractive, so that later they can start seeing good enough profit to "maybe" compensate for past expenditures. Of course, it's Microsoft, they are gigantic and can go decades losing money on some fronts if needed, but is it really financially healthy from a general market perspective? From a current market PoV, Nintendo seems to be doing way better from what they have in their hands.

"I don't need to know" is terrible from a reasonable argument perspective.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
CGI-Quality said:
  • You could not buy their product
  • You could make suggestions to the company

Just because we scream as loud as we can doesn't mean companies are supposed to fold to our demands. You aren't the first, nor last, person that will want a company to make adjustments to their products. 

You don't think I've TRIED making suggestions to companies? Every time I do that with Nintendo it feels like I'm being ignored in favor of shareholders, who don't give a shit about what Nintendo's CUSTOMERS want.

If I think apple is overpriced I can just rob best buy?

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

"I don't need to know" is terrible from a reasonable argument perspective.

I said that because I see patterns in how Nintendo is handling it's backlog.

Which is neat?  I'm guessing they are making substantial money on the NSO service...  there is no reason to think they will back away from it.  You literally have ZERO information supporting a paranoid/random position.  If you can't see that, fair enough.  I'm just trying to help.  

And at the end of the day, if you don't like Nintendo don't buy their products.  It really is that simple.  Nintendo is a business aimed at making money, their corporate mission isn't "make Captain Explosion" happy.  I'm guessing the board has no idea who you are and don't really care who you are.  

Ultimately, looking at hardware and software sales, clearly Nintendo fans are happy...  the Switch is literally going to sell 10x more than the Wii U.  Ironically the Wii U had great VC offerings...  sales would say nobody really cares about the same thing you care about.    

Dulfite said:

If Xbox One continued the success of the 360 and went toe to toe with PS4, and their game's sales were therefore much higher along with revenue and profit, I doubt they would have launched something like Gamepass to begin with as their wouldn't have been a need to find a different way into people's wallets. 

Actually, if Xbox One would have been as successful as the 360, we'd all be watching nothing but TV on our "entertainment boxes", and Don Mattrick would be in Phil's spot right now, pimping out Peacock like it's greatest thing ever invented. lol

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

Which is neat?  I'm guessing they are making substantial money on the NSO service...  there is no reason to think they will back away from it.  You literally have ZERO information supporting a paranoid/random position.  If you can't see that, fair enough.  I'm just trying to help.  

And at the end of the day, if you don't like Nintendo don't buy their products.  It really is that simple.  Nintendo is a business aimed at making money, their corporate mission isn't "make Captain Explosion" happy.  I'm guessing the board has no idea who you are and don't really care who you are.  

Ultimately, looking at hardware and software sales, clearly Nintendo fans are happy...  the Switch is literally going to sell 10x more than the Wii U.  Ironically the Wii U had great VC offerings...  sales would say nobody really cares about the same thing you care about.    

That has to be more about the Wii U's abysmal install base, especially when compared to the Wii or Switch.

Exactly my point.  Wii U had a better classic game offering than the switch, yet look at sales.  Classic games don't sell hardware, it isn't a priority, just niche for a select few.  My kids love their switches abs couldn't care less about old games.

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

Exactly my point.  Wii U had a better classic game offering than the switch, yet look at sales.  Classic games don't sell hardware, it isn't a priority, just niche for a select few.  My kids love their switches abs couldn't care less about old games.

Then your kids haven't learned to appreciate where today's games came from. -_-

No need to drive a 1914 model A Ford when newer cars are simply better.  We like old games because of nostalgia, not because they are superior.

My kids love and have beaten BotW...  they don't have interest in playing a blocky 10 fps blurry clumsy control mess that is Ocarina.