By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar announces subscription for GTA Online ($5.99 a month)

Chazore said:

...ya'll are part of the problem of why corps get away with this shit, please stop acting the way you do, if it doesn't concern you in any way, there's virtually no need to tell other's to stop caring.

So instead of a discussion thread this is a "let's all complain about it" thread? Because anyone who doesn't complain is a part of the problem!

Around the Network

Now all they need is RockstarLink satellite internet.

Make sure to get the GTA Bundle Package. Comes with instant full access to GTA VI!

Conina said:

So instead of a discussion thread this is a "let's all complain about it" thread? Because anyone who doesn't complain is a part of the problem!

People telling others to not give a crap or "stop complaining"/ "how sad for you", isn't grounds for an open discussion. 

I'm assuming you're fine with this sub model?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Conina said:

People telling others to not give a crap or "stop complaining"/ "how sad for you", isn't grounds for an open discussion. 

No one telling anyone to stop complaining. I was just wondering why were they complaining because the sub seems like the best value for new players if they want to have a bit of cash 

Chazore said:
Conina said:

I don't think that this subscription has much value... but who am I to judge about that?

Mileage may vary, and if other people get that sub and enjoy it, that doesn't affect me. If some people play GTA Online most of the time, this sub is probably more suited to them than f.e. the GamePass, if most of the games in it doesn't interest them.

I'm fine with this sub model existing... the same as I'm fine with hundreds of other subs (or overpriced cosmetic DLCs) existing which don't interest me personally.

I'm also fine with kinds of entertainment existing that don't interest me much (f.e. football/soccer, baseball, opera, art galleries, dance clubs, gambling...). Because I'm aware that I'm not the center of the world, and if other perople enjoy these stuff... good for them.

P.S.: Who in this thread told others "to not give a crap" or "to stop complaining"? "Not understanding the complaints" is totally different to telling others "not to complain".

Last edited by Conina - on 26 March 2022

Around the Network
Conina said:

I don't think that this subscription has much value... but who am I to judge about that?

Mileage may vary, and if other people get that sub and enjoy it, that doesn't affect me. If some people play GTA Online most of the time, this sub is probably more suited to them than f.e. the GamePass, if most of the games in it doesn't interest them.

I'm fine with this sub model existing... the same as I'm fine with hundreds of other subs (or overpriced cosmetic DLCs) existing which don't interest me personally.

I'm also fine with kinds of entertainment existing that don't interest me much (f.e. football/soccer, baseball, opera, art galleries, dance clubs, gambling...). Because I'm aware that I'm not the center of the world, and if other perople enjoy these stuff... good for them.

P.S.: Who in this thread told others "to not give a crap" or "to stop complaining"? "Not understanding the complaints" is totally different to telling others "not to complain".

You are your own person, you can judge it based on your own thoughts?.

If you put it like that, what can I say then?, because I don't see the value, and even if I did, the next conclusion would be "all other games should turn into sub models", because that would make sense if agreed upon for value. 

If enough people bought into the subg, it would count as a success, and other studios/devs would see this as a model to roll with for their games going forward, so while this one game will not affect me in the current time frame, there is a higher chance of other games adopting it and affecting me down the road later.

People complained and others bought into the horse armor all those yrs ago, now look at where we're at, cars in a game that cost upwards of £20-40 (and then there's Star Citizen of course).

It's weird seeing you using sports in comparison to a payment plan, but also using it as a means to suggest that disliking something=-disliking and wanting to shut down everything, because that's not what I'm about here.

And now that I know you're fine with the model and how you came to me, it tells me that you're wanting to either shut down my end of the conversation or get me to see it from your pov and agree. Like yes I can disagree with you and all that jazz, but that's not going to result in anything.

If you want to use mirror arguments to basically shut me out, then that's fine, I'll just take that as a suggestion that you don't want to converse with me unless it involves telling me the equivalent of "go away" (I've actually been mulling over our interactions for quite a while and that's the big impression you've been giving me these past few years). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:

the next conclusion would be "all other games should turn into sub models", because that would make sense if agreed upon for value. 

Your world seems to be black and white.

Chazore said:

People complained and others bought into the horse armor all those yrs ago, now look at where we're at, cars in a game that cost upwards of £20-40 (and then there's Star Citizen of course).

So don't buy overprized stuff when you don't see the value in it. I don't either.

Chazore said:

And now that I know you're fine with the model and how you came to me, it tells me that you're wanting to either shut down my end of the conversation or get me to see it from your pov and agree. Like yes I can disagree with you and all that jazz, but that's not going to result in anything.

If you want to use mirror arguments to basically shut me out, then that's fine, I'll just take that as a suggestion that you don't want to converse with me unless it involves telling me the equivalent of "go away" (I've actually been mulling over our interactions for quite a while and that's the big impression you've been giving me these past few years). 

Please stop these assumptions! I don't want to shut down your end of the conversation, I don't want you to agree with me, I don't want to shut you out of the conversation, I don't want you to go away.

Jeez! Can't you really not accept other opinions?

Conina said:

Your world seems to be black and white.

So don't buy overprized stuff when you don't see the value in it. I don't either.

Please stop these assumptions! I don't want to shut down your end of the conversation, I don't want you to agree with me, I don't want to shut you out of the conversation, I don't want you to go away.

Jeez! Can't you really not accept other opinions?

1. Not really, I just see what makes sense. Your OG post on MMO's doing it naturally led from one to another over time, why not with GTA V doing it for all other action based, non MMO games?.

2. I don't, but me, just one person not buying it still doesn't stop games from being over monetised and more content being stripped and sold for cash.

3. It's really not, this is the core impression you've been giving me over the years, nearly all our interactions on here have led to me saying something and you dismissively shutting me down or basically twisting my arm to either get to agree with you, feel like a total idiot, or bow out. I cannot remember a time where I've said something and you've either agreed or added onto it. 

There were times when me and Don didn't see eye to eye, but in recent years there have been times where we've agree on something or added to it, but with you and me it doesn't feel like that at all.

I'm all for other opinions, but I'm not up for dismissive posts time and time and time again. I love the data you put out for Steam database, for the Deck benchmarks, but what I don't like is when we actually get to talking, it's you either making me out to being a total retard or the equivalent of "go away, you're bad". if you don't want that impression, then is it possible to see why I get so jaded when business models like these arise?.

I don't want all games to be sliced up into pieces and sold at extra cost, I don't want games being turned into live services, I don't want to see base games costing upwards of £70+, and I don't buy them, but they keep happening and I see that as not a positive trend, because I'm either faced with limited options or throwing my hands up and paying out the arse (which I'm guessing you're fine or don't care for either way?).

What's the difference with a season pass? Doesn't Fornite already have this?
Yeah, just checked it, they have the battle pass and additinally there's also The Crew, a monthly sub.

It will work on their target audience in which kids will beg their parents to buy the subs. If not, they'll be teased at the playground.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

What's the difference with a season pass? Doesn't Fornite already have this?
Yeah, just checked it, they have the battle pass and additinally there's also The Crew, a monthly sub.

It will work on their target audience in which kids will beg their parents to buy the subs. If not, they'll be teased at the playground.

Most of the f2p games have some kind of sub like dauntless, fornite, genshin impact, pretty much all the mmorpgs have it. But this sub for gta online is actually pretty good value compare to the shark cards. It's like a 500k shark card that can only be purchased once a month for $6. The 500k shark card cost $10 and can be purchased unlimited