By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar announces subscription for GTA Online ($5.99 a month)

Pinkie_pie said:
TomaTito said:

What's the difference with a season pass? Doesn't Fornite already have this?
Yeah, just checked it, they have the battle pass and additinally there's also The Crew, a monthly sub.

It will work on their target audience in which kids will beg their parents to buy the subs. If not, they'll be teased at the playground.

Most of the f2p games have some kind of sub like dauntless, fornite, genshin impact, pretty much all the mmorpgs have it. But this sub for gta online is actually pretty good value compare to the shark cards. It's like a 500k shark card that can only be purchased once a month for $6. The 500k shark card cost $10 and can be purchased unlimited 

I'd prefer to just walk around with the standard cosmeticless avatar in those situations, but to each their own.

In reality for these live service games, you just need a few whales and you make a shit ton of money.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

Who the hell approves these ideas ?

Western companies need a lot of monies and this becomes the order of the day.

Check this Animation about a Police Officer     Police Checkpoint

Well this game keeps selling like hot cakes so what did you expect?

GTA VI will be subscription-based, WoW style. I wouldn't be surprised if they lock the single-player behind the monthly paywall too ... assuming that there will be a single-player story mode, as I'm not so sure now. Welcome to subscription hell. No wonder piracy is on the rise.

Kristof81 said:

GTA VI will be subscription-based, WoW style. I wouldn't be surprised if they lock the single-player behind the monthly paywall too ... assuming that there will be a single-player story mode, as I'm not so sure now. Welcome to subscription hell. No wonder piracy is on the rise.

Offering a way for players to get a discount on something that’s been over priced for a decade now. Plus piracy doesn’t let you play online. 

Are you saying that this subscription will be such a success that it will become mandatory in the future?

Around the Network

Expect atleast 5 to 10 million subscribers in the first year.

snyps said:
Kristof81 said:

Offering a way for players to get a discount on something that’s been over priced for a decade now. Plus piracy doesn’t let you play online. 

Are you saying that this subscription will be such a success that it will become mandatory in the future?

I could see it being mandatory for gta6 online but to think they would do it for the single player too is just ridiculous. I can't think of any single player games that need a subscription