By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar announces subscription for GTA Online ($5.99 a month)

Role-players will pay that and more.

Around the Network

Preview of GTA 6 right here...

konnichiwa said:
snyps said:

I’m curious how many of the people moaning in this thread actually play gtav? My guess would be none.

I think this may be a good thing for console players. I’ve never spent any of my own money on gta $$$. I played on pc where hackers do money drops. The fact is that if you don’t have money to get a biker gang or bank, you have to grind for chump change. Once you have a bank or a gang, then the grinding pays off way better. So it makes sense for anyone who loves gta online, for them to get a discount and pay for their business.

I think most of us did but basically they make the game grindy on purpose so they can get more $€.

I can vouch for that. I hated the artificial grind and skinner box mentality, but them also requiring me to install their client just to launch the fucking game from Steam was the last straw, and it was uninstalled completely. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

konnichiwa said:
snyps said:

I’m curious how many of the people moaning in this thread actually play gtav? My guess would be none.

I think this may be a good thing for console players. I’ve never spent any of my own money on gta $$$. I played on pc where hackers do money drops. The fact is that if you don’t have money to get a biker gang or bank, you have to grind for chump change. Once you have a bank or a gang, then the grinding pays off way better. So it makes sense for anyone who loves gta online, for them to get a discount and pay for their business.

I think most of us did but basically they make the game grindy on purpose so they can get more $€.

Yes it’s a little sad that the content in the game takes so much time to acquire, but the stuff you earn is fun, rewarding, and novel. Unless you are a bottom-feeder, then it sucks bad. 

eva01beserk said:

I never inmagine individual games would get their own subscription services. The future looks grim for gaming.

It's not such a new concept.

Ultima Online, Everquest 1 + 2, World of Warcraft, Phantasy Star Online, Final Fantasy XI + XIV, RuneScape, Eve Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Elder Scrolls Online..

Obviously Rockstar thinks that GTA Online is popular enough and has enough content to get enough subscribers.

Around the Network

I know there's like upwards of 2, maybe 3 ppl in this thread that think it's not a big deal, or that ppl are going cray cray, ya'll are part of the problem of why corps get away with this shit, please stop acting the way you do, if it doesn't concern you in any way, there's virtually no need to tell other's to stop caring.

Also, ppl are pissed at this, for those that care to read the comments:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

I know there's like upwards of 2, maybe 3 ppl in this thread that think it's not a big deal, or that ppl are going cray cray, ya'll are part of the problem of why corps get away with this shit, please stop acting the way you do, if it doesn't concern you in any way, there's virtually no need to tell other's to stop caring.

Also, ppl are pissed at this, for those that care to read the comments:

Get away with what? It doesn't lock players out of the game if they don't purchase this subscription. This subscription is the best value compare to all the shark cards. A 500k shark card cost $10. This monthly subscription gives 500k and much more for only cost $6. Again you don't have to pay to play gta online 

The salt in this thread could cover an entire 15 lb brisket beautifully before going into the smoker for 16 hours.

Chazore said:

...ya'll are part of the problem of why corps get away with this shit, please stop acting the way you do, if it doesn't concern you in any way, there's virtually no need to tell other's to stop caring.

So instead of a discussion thread this is a "let's all complain about it" thread? Because anyone who doesn't complain is a part of the problem!

Now all they need is RockstarLink satellite internet.

Make sure to get the GTA Bundle Package. Comes with instant full access to GTA VI!