By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Title screens where you knew immediately the game was going to be amazing

Ocarina of Time, Arkham City, A Link Between Worlds, A Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wind Waker

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Such a beautiful and lifeful intro from Will of the Wisps.

First time I got that special feeling was with Xenoblade Chronicles Wii, Never had that experience before until that game, it took me by suprise and made me feel this was going to be a good game. The time passes on the title screen and the music tells you a story.

After this, I decided to explore more and more games.

The one that always comes to mind first.

The games themselves aren't amazing but I adore the menu screen for:

and love the title music for this indie game as well:

Around the Network

EarthBound (Mother 2)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2

I can't think of any favorite games not made by Nintendo that have amazing title screens. Nintendo usually makes an amazing impression.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Super Mario 64. Spent half an hour just playing with the title screen as a kid before even making a new game

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The music in the title screen.

Perfection

More Perfection