By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Title screens where you knew immediately the game was going to be amazing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D53GgGUwk1s

morrowind

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:
farlaff said:

First game I thought of when I saw the thread title. I got this and Final Fantasy with my NES for Christmas as a kid. Let's just say it was a great Christmas.

Awesome Christmas! I think I got this for my 15th birthday and it was my first NES game outside the crappy Ghostbusters that came bundled with mine. I got the Japanese version so it took years for me to discover what the hell was happening story wise XD.

Last edited by farlaff - on 28 March 2022

For its time the Peter Jackson's King Kong The Game title screen was impressive with the waving ocean and the ship and the mysterious island:

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Modern Warfare 2, with Hans Zimmer's incredibly memorable soundtrack. 

The moment you hit that start button, the music kicks in and you know you're getting your money's worth. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Man, this rap rocks!, lol. I remember going nuts by this song back in the day, and to see all the characters together in real time graphics (no CG) was something crazy for the time. Too bad: 1. it grew old like unrefrigerated butter as it looks horrible, when all 3 DKCs look incredible even today, and 2. it's by far my least favourite Rare game from the 64 era, because the collectathon nature got in the way of the fun most of the time, and they also butchered Jungle Hijinx, which in itself is an unbailable crime. XD

Chrono Cross?

I love exploration and water/sea, and underwater stuff.
The title screen there was pretty neat, also when you first see a world map... you just knew it was gonna be good (start area is pretty great as well).

MGS3, SMB3 , Super Metroid, Star Fox, Star Fox 64, Ocarina of Time, Persona 5, Yoshi's Island...

And this two absolute master pieces of game intro and menu:

No one?

Terranigma

Ecco: the Tides of Time

The music make want to play this game at that time.