By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Gen 9 - Scarlet & Violet announced

Pemalite said:
sundin13 said:

And from there we make a subjective determination: Does this look "fine" or does this look "not fine"?

No matter how many facts and/or opinions you state, the word "fine" will never be objective.

If Pokemon lacks modern graphics rendering techniques that pushes boundries, then graphically it is behind the competition, then graphically it is poor relative to the competition.

Otherwise you just aren't getting it.
I was being objective in my prior post by breaking things down.
Objectively means: "in a way that is not influenced by personal feelings or opinions."

We need to expect more for our dollar, Game Freak is a big developer, we don't owe them anything, they need to work for our coin... And the best way to do that is to give us the best possible product rather than a free pass.

And where pray tell does the word "fine" come into this?

Hm?

"Pokemon Violet/Scarlet at this time lacks several modern graphical techniques that are utilized in other Switch games" is a very different statement than "Pokemon Violen/Scarlet does not look fine".

Around the Network

Personally, I think the way that we perceive video games will always be a subjective matter. Different people have different expectations, different experiences, different demands, different preferences, different personalities and outlooks, heck even the physical composition of our eyeballs and visual cortex is not identical between any two individuals.

It's definitely objectively true that Scarlet/Violet is not a technologically high end game by Switch standards. 

At the same time, everyone is going to see it differently based on their own unique individuality. And that's okay.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 March 2022

sundin13 said:
Pemalite said:

If Pokemon lacks modern graphics rendering techniques that pushes boundries, then graphically it is behind the competition, then graphically it is poor relative to the competition.

Otherwise you just aren't getting it.
I was being objective in my prior post by breaking things down.
Objectively means: "in a way that is not influenced by personal feelings or opinions."

We need to expect more for our dollar, Game Freak is a big developer, we don't owe them anything, they need to work for our coin... And the best way to do that is to give us the best possible product rather than a free pass.

Hm?

"Pokemon Violet/Scarlet at this time lacks several modern graphical techniques that are utilized in other Switch games" is a very different statement than "Pokemon Violen/Scarlet does not look fine".

It doesn't look fine. Hence my entire point.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

People keep talking about the games looks when the real question is
What can GF offer to make the game fun and enjoyable to the players.

Disclaimer: I really enjoyed legends arceus and the graphics don't bother me
What I would like to see is more open ended gameplay, maybe bring the research aspect of LA over to the main games and expand on it, also being a contest superstar would be nice.

Pemalite said:
sundin13 said:

Hm?

It doesn't look fine. Hence my entire point.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

I hope there's a new Pokemon in Gen 9 based on Don Quixote, legendary heroic buffoon of Spanish literature. ^^ Seriously, he tried to fight a windmill because he thought it was a giant.

This is such fake news! Don Quixote DID fight giants. It is we, the people, who were too ignorant to perceive them for their true nature, and so we imagined them to be windmills. People are the buffoons, not Quixote!!!