By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

KiigelHeart said:
drkohler said:

I was watching the speech of Joe Biden. I was absolutely horrified of what I saw. An old man who couldn't even give a speech for more than three minutes without starting to mumble and incoherently utter meaningless part-phrases. Is this guy senile?

That was the moment when Putin decided he can go after the Ukraine without fear of any reprisals. Seeing his worst "enemy" on tv with such an absolutely catastrophic performance was the get-go sign.

Now we will see umpteen politicians going on tv declaring "we are with the Ukraine",  "Putin bad guy" and all these blatherings really shows that the West has no guts. I give the Ukraine about 48 hours before their politicians run and the country is in Putin's full control.

And this WAS avoidable, but not with a quasi senile US president. And let's face it, the US would have had to bite the bullet and lead the coward pack (Europeans, all talk, no action).

I don't think this was avoidable, Putler has been building and planning towards this for nearly 10 years.

And I bet he even counted on his toyboy and bitch Donald to be the president of US at this point. If you think Biden's speech is senile rambling, just check out what Trump is tweeting. 

US and EU should be doing more to sanction Russia I agree, but I think Putler has to be surprised how united EU and US seem to be. And they wouldn't be if Trump was the president.

You are willfully ignoring the fact that Putin has already sent Russian troops into the Ukraine to annex the Crimea... during an Obama/Biden administration.  So, 2 incursions into the Ukraine, both while Biden was in the White House (first as VP, now as President).  But sure, Putin must have been banking on not having Biden to walk all over a second time.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Putin is fucking insane.

This was a good speech from Zelensky but I can't embed the video here as it doesn't support it.

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy's defiant, heartbreaking speech to the Russian people [English subs] | ResetEra

The fucking media won't post the full thing, they keep clipping it, and it misses the most important parts of the address. But, here's a part of it - I recommend people to follow Ryuu96's link.

Maybe the full thing will pop up on youtube a bit later.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 24 February 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mandalore76 said:
KiigelHeart said:

I don't think this was avoidable, Putler has been building and planning towards this for nearly 10 years.

And I bet he even counted on his toyboy and bitch Donald to be the president of US at this point. If you think Biden's speech is senile rambling, just check out what Trump is tweeting. 

US and EU should be doing more to sanction Russia I agree, but I think Putler has to be surprised how united EU and US seem to be. And they wouldn't be if Trump was the president.

You are willfully ignoring the fact that Putin has already sent Russian troops into the Ukraine to annex the Crimea... during an Obama/Biden administration.  So, 2 incursions into the Ukraine, both while Biden was in the White House (first as VP, now as President).  But sure, Putin must have been banking on not having Biden to walk all over a second time.

You willfully ignored the fact I started my post saying I didn't think this was avoidable. Read my post again maybe.

What is Putin's staff even planning to keep the home theater at bay? Millions of innocents Russians could suffer like they haven't since the crisis of the 90s due to the sanctions (some European countries will keep buying Russian gas for a few more days, though). Media outlets are painting a very grim picture, but really, it's just the logical conclusion. Right now, Ukraine is getting the worst part, but eventually the Russian populace could potentially feel it, too. What's there for Russia to gain in this whole thing.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Video of a downed Russian chopper before the pilot was captured.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 24 February 2022

Around the Network
Metallox said:

What is Putin's staff even planning to keep the home theater at bay? Millions of innocents Russians could suffer like they haven't since the crisis of the 90s due to the sanctions (some European countries will keep buying Russian gas for a few more days, though). Media outlets are painting a very grim picture, but really, it's just the logical conclusion. Right now, Ukraine is getting the worst part, but eventually the Russian populace could potentially feel it, too. What's there for Russia to gain in this whole thing.

Alexei Nevalny has some things to say about Putin's motivations. In short: this whole war is a big diversion, playing with human lives to cover up tremendous theft and shallow ambition.

His documentary below (English, abridged) as reference material to the above video and what he's been saying in the last while.

Chernobyl is now under the control of the Russian military.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/chernobyl-power-plant-captured-by-russian-forces-ukrainian-official-2022-02-24/

Fuck Putin.

Watching the news for an hour now. I'm scared, angry and disgusted.

Wishing peace and love for the Ukrainian people.

KiigelHeart said:
Mandalore76 said:

You willfully ignored the fact I started my post saying I didn't think this was avoidable. Read my post again maybe.

Read it just fine, and specifically bolded the part that I was commenting to.  No need to "count on" someone else to be president when the first action which already happened emboldened the second action that is happening now.

Mandalore76 said:
KiigelHeart said:

Read it just fine, and specifically bolded the part that I was commenting to.  No need to "count on" someone else to be president when the first action which already happened emboldened the second action that is happening now.

But he could've counted on a less united and determined response from the west after his second action. That was my point. We can also say he would've preferred Trump to be the president to clear things up. Hiku already eleborated the reasons why.