Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope 1 1.54%

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes 0 0%

Kirby and the Forgotten Land 6 9.23%

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 11 16.92%

No Man's Sky 1 1.54%

Sonic Frontiers 1 1.54%

Total:65
Pemalite said:

Personally I felt the Switch's 2017 lineup to be pointless if you were a WiiU owner.
Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 being prime examples of "must haves" that were ported, so for me (Even though I bought Switch copies) I had already played these games extensively on the last generation Nintendo console.

But after that... Links Awakening and Metroid Dread have been my favorite titles so far for the platform. Even if Links Awakening is a remake and thus not a "true" exclusive.
Not allot of games have kept me invested where I didn't want to put the console down, might be a sign of changing tastes for me.

While there were first-party games on Switch that had been on Wii U, and some third-party games, I disagree.

Switch owners got Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, Arms, and some other first-party titles. Plus, third-party titles like Stardew Valley (year old game) and Skyrim (old game, but never released on a Nintendo platform)

But yeah, if you were more selective you didn't need a Switch as much I guess as a Wii U owner in 2017. You could play BOTW (2017 cross-gen release), MK8, and Pokken on Wii U. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Okay so with the announcement of a new Pokémon generation for 2022, this year is already the Switch's best year, and we're only in February

SKMBlake said:

Okay so with the announcement of a new Pokémon generation for 2022, this year is already the Switch's best year, and we're only in February

I think, honestly, this is the first year we are feeling the impact of consolidating both handheld and home console software divisions. It took a while for home console teams to get used to HD with the Wii U, and longer still for the 3ds teams to learn HD games, but now they are firing on all cylinders. I think this kind of release schedule will be the norm going forward with every year seeming more loaded than any one Nintendo device had prior to 2022.

One of these games is getting delayed to next year.
It's just unreal to me to have a release schedule THAT loaded over the next 10 months.

Definitely feel like BOTW 2 will be delayed until early 2023 and honestly I am OK with that. Maybe it will launch on BOTW 1's 6 year anniversary, which also happens to be a Friday. Could also see Mario + Rabbids getting delayed. It would be a good idea to save some heavy hitters for next year.

Can't see them releasing a new generation of Pokemon AND BOTW 2 this holiday, especially since I feel we will also get a 3D Mario this holiday because of the movie.

Around the Network

Seems like BOTW2 won't be a 2022 release

catnip said:

Why not?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Torpoleon said:

Definitely feel like BOTW 2 will be delayed until early 2023 and honestly I am OK with that. Maybe it will launch on BOTW 1's 6 year anniversary, which also happens to be a Friday. Could also see Mario + Rabbids getting delayed. It would be a good idea to save some heavy hitters for next year.

Can't see them releasing a new generation of Pokemon AND BOTW 2 this holiday, especially since I feel we will also get a 3D Mario this holiday because of the movie.

Bold: I don't see that happening.

If they were planning a new 3D Mario game also for this year and they wouldn't want to release it very close to BotW2 and/or Gen 9 they wouldn't even have thought of announcing both of these games for 2022. If BotW2 gets delayed it's solely because of it's own development cycle demanding it, not other games. They're planning this release schedule a long time in advance.

Jumpin said:
catnip said:

Why not?

We barely see anything about BOTW sequel and now they already have a big holiday title (gen 9 Pokemon). I'm not sure if they want both games hurting each other's sales.

PS: My English sucks

catnip said:
Jumpin said:

Why not?

We barely see anything about BOTW sequel and now they already have a big holiday title (gen 9 Pokemon). I'm not sure if they want both games hurting each other's sales.

PS: My English sucks

Your English is fine.