Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes 0 0%

Kirby and the Forgotten Land 6 9.23%

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 11 16.92%

No Man's Sky 1 1.54%

Sonic Frontiers 1 1.54%

Total:65
SKMBlake said:
Jumpin said:

I didn’t, and if I fucked up, to be fair, I haven’t had my coffee yet, and also a little high. But I did edit my post. :D

I’ll try again:

I’m not even sure I’ll be getting anything except Switch Sports and Xenoblade Chronicles this year, probably Zelda. Not because I think the year sucks (very very far from it), but my backlogue is both incredible and disappointing at the same time. I need to work on it!

I have RPGs into 2024. 

Also, sports rhymes with ports. Don’t know why I just noticed that.

You're not gonna buy Kirby ?

Probably not right away, I might get it when I feel like I’m going to play it for at least 20 hours. But if I get that game, it means there are other games I already own that will have to get pushed off.

Wii Sports is the easiest purchase on the list because it’s not going to get me to push anything back further to play it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

This brings back memories of the "Staring into the Abyss" thread from 2020 where the absence of announced games was already interpreted as Switch nearing the end of its lifecycle.

In 2022, 2500 game releases later…

I felt that if people were hungry for game announcements, then there’s no point in waiting for Nintendo Directs. There are about 20-40 new games announced every week on the News Channel accessed right from the Switch dashboard.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Let's hope so, b/c 2017 was still Switch's best year - 2020 (first half of the year at least) was close with Animal Crossing, Mario 3D Allstars, Hyrule Warriors Calamity, Clubhouse Games, Paper Mario.

I definitely need to check out Xenoblade 3, seems like a blend of 1 and X which is cool, Mario + Rabbids 2 looks like a richer expansion on the original formula, like the semi-post-apocalyptic vibe of Kirby, Splatoon 3 (nuff said there). Live Alive can be an overlooked hit IMO, I'm intrigued by an unreleased (Western) SNES RPG in the graphical style of Octopath, Triangle Strategy could be a fun take on FF Tactics which I enjoyed back on the GBA.

Switch Sports looks great, excited to see badminton and volleyball in action, especially with the Joy-Con's solid motion tech, plus online play. But the big big reveal to me is STRIKERS. Had so much fun playing Charged on Wii back in the day - a rare Wii game with solid online play, and really fun party game.

B+ direct for me, like the combo of the early Wii-type stuff and more great looking JPRGs.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

yvanjean said:

Haha it was a really good list until I notice this:
Super Mario Odyssey - Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Why ?

ireadtabloids said:

E3 will be the first time I am expecting to see Silksong so I guess it will be fun to join you all with our shared disappointment if it doesn't appear.

Currently it seems E3 won't be an in-person convention nor a digital event. I guess we have to focus on Summer Game Fest.

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
ireadtabloids said:

E3 will be the first time I am expecting to see Silksong so I guess it will be fun to join you all with our shared disappointment if it doesn't appear.

Currently it seems E3 won't be an in-person convention nor a digital event. I guess we have to focus on Summer Game Fest.

First of all, Summer Game Fest is embarrassing so no.

And it's been nearly a decade Nintendo's E3 aren't in-person but rather a Nintendo Direct

Fair enough on the semantics. I think the last time Nintendo did an E3 presentation that wasn’t called a Nintendo Direct was 2019.
Still, there will be something shown by Nintendo during the week the E3 digital events are on.

@ireadtabloids Actually it was 2017, where it was called the E3 Spotlight.

For Switch 2017 I bought BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Doom 2016, and Yooka Laylee.

This year, I am so far planning to get BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, 13 Sentinels, Zombie Army 4, and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, out of what's been announced so far. I'm sure they'll be others too that haven't been revealed yet.

So far, 2022 looks set to beat 2017 for me, with the caveat that I expect BOTW2 to get pushed back to 2023 as console Zelda pretty much always gets delayed. (E.g. BOTW1 "coming in 2015" then "2016" then finally releasing in 2017)

That said, even without BOTW2, 2022 is still competitive with 2017, so it will be interesting to see which comes out on top.

Thanks Torpoleon.  Matches topic theme perfectly too.