Splatoon 3 1 1.54%

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope 1 1.54%

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes 0 0%

Kirby and the Forgotten Land 6 9.23%

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 11 16.92%

No Man's Sky 1 1.54%

Sonic Frontiers 1 1.54%

Total:65

2017 was Switch's best year so far.  However, 2022 is looking even better based on first party content alone.  (And of course in third party content, 2022 is far, far better.)  The only really big 2017 game that doesn't have a 2022 analogue is Mario Odyssey.  However, I think PLA is about equivalent to that, at least in the sales department.  Also, Switch Sports  >>>>> 1-2 Switch.  On top of all that Nintendo has Bayonetta 3, Kirby, and Mario Strikers and there will be more games announced at E3.  Sure 2017 had more ports, but I'd rather have new games than ports.

In short, 2022 > 2017.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:

Haha it was a really good list until I notice this:
Super Mario Odyssey - Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Still pretty good list and you forgot to include Pokémon Legends: Arceus & Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp.

Both are 3D platformers from Nintendo. Kirby is the most reasonable comparison to go for Mario Odyssey. 

Advance Wars is not as big as you think, I left it out for a reason. I didn’t forget Arceus. It already released and I mentioned it in the OP when I posted this. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Never thought about that. The games released/releasing really look comparable. 2017 was the best launch year of any console, but 2022 could really top it.

Just Bayonetta 3 for me. My Switch hasn't been used in a good year or two. Actually, scratch that, I haven't touched my Switch since Astral Chain. So 3 years give or take.

Wman1996 said:

2022 is the first year of the Switch to seriously challenge or possibly dethrone the first-party lineup of 2017. And the third-party offerings seem to be at an all-time high as well.
Even in the likely event we don't get Switch 2 until 2024 or beyond, I have a feeling 2023 is going to be a much quieter year. That is, if several 2022 games like BOTW 2 don't get delayed.
And on the topic of Switch's 2017, I really want Super Mario Odyssey 2. We got 2 3D Mario games on the Wii, we should get 2 on the Switch (excluding ports). Super Mario Odyssey 2 would be a great October release, or first half of 2023 release.

2023 will for sure be quieter than this crazy year, but I don't think it'll be that quiet.

A realistic 2023 I could see 2D Mario, Pokemon game, MP4, DK game, maybe more Prime series remakes if the first one is this year, maybe WW/TP HD, maybe something like Star Fox or pikmin 4 or something, and a lot of third party stuff. That would still be a heavy year 

Around the Network
Paatar said:
yvanjean said:

Haha it was a really good list until I notice this:
Super Mario Odyssey - Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Still pretty good list and you forgot to include Pokémon Legends: Arceus & Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp.

Both are 3D platformers from Nintendo. Kirby is the most reasonable comparison to go for Mario Odyssey. 

Advance Wars is not as big as you think, I left it out for a reason. I didn’t forget Arceus. It already released and I mentioned it in the OP when I posted this. 

I though you were making the argument that 2022 might actually top 2017 for Switch. It is a compelling argument when you had in Pokemon Legends: Arceus and all the 2022 releases.  

I haven’t given up hope of Pikmin 4 coming out this year, but it might end up being a crowded schedule.

Personally I felt the Switch's 2017 lineup to be pointless if you were a WiiU owner.
Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 being prime examples of "must haves" that were ported, so for me (Even though I bought Switch copies) I had already played these games extensively on the last generation Nintendo console.

But after that... Links Awakening and Metroid Dread have been my favorite titles so far for the platform. Even if Links Awakening is a remake and thus not a "true" exclusive.
Not allot of games have kept me invested where I didn't want to put the console down, might be a sign of changing tastes for me.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Also Silksong is listed for 2022

E3 will be the first time I am expecting to see Silksong so I guess it will be fun to join you all with our shared disappointment if it doesn’t appear.