Splatoon 3 1 1.54%

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope 1 1.54%

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes 0 0%

Kirby and the Forgotten Land 6 9.23%

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 11 16.92%

No Man's Sky 1 1.54%

Sonic Frontiers 1 1.54%

Total:65

It's absolutely insane how packed this year for the Switch already is. It was awesome the sheer amount of hard hitters/notable games Nintendo and other publishers/developers put out for the Switch it's in first year. It's even cooler when you compare that list to the current 2022 game list. Some of them are direct sequels, some can be considered a counterpart. This list also doesn't include games like Pokemon Legends Arceus and Mario Strikers Battle League, which one has already been proven to be a heavy hitter. Are you excited for the games this year? Going to dip your toes into a franchise you haven't played before? All in all, I think this year is just a great one for games in general on every platform. 

2017                                                                    2022

The Legend of Zelda: BotW                                 -  The Legend of Zelda: Botw 2

1-2 Switch                                                            - Nintendo Switch Sports

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe                                           - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC

Arms                                                                     - Bayonetta 3 (putting this here cause there really isn't an equivalent for Arms for this year as of now)

Splatoon 2                                                            - Splatoon 3

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle                        - Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Fire Emblem Warriors                                         - Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Super Mario Odyssey                                         - Kirby and the Forgotten Land 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2                                      - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 

Doom (2016) (the first of many “impossible” ports) - No Man's Sky (the next “impossible” port) 

Sonic Forces                                                         - Sonic Frontiers 

Last edited by Paatar - on 11 February 2022

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

I feel 2019 and 2021 were better years.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

No Man's Sky is coming to the Switch? Had no idea! Quite a turn-around that game has had it seems...

rofl no port is impossible. If you dumb it down enough, you can port to anything.

Drakrami said:

rofl no port is impossible. If you dumb it down enough, you can port to anything.

I don’t know how the impossible ports look on switch, but it is quite a feat to translate a game’s code to a machine that wasn’t expected to run it. 

I thought MK for genesis was a miserable port but it made many genesis/megadrive owners seriously happy. To me it looked like different game. 

Around the Network
Drakrami said:

Well, yes but also... No.

Witcher 3 for example, while it has some cut backs it's still the Witcher 3. 

If they couldn't port it and had to break it down, change the combat, change the world, enemies and even some cut scenes where cut and all these changes had a fundamental impact on the feel of the world, combat and story would it still be the Witcher 3?

I'd argue that such a different game wouldn't be the what the artists, storytellers and developers had in mind. 

So while technically, you're right I'd argue the opposite. 

Thankfully this wasn't the case and my examples are just for arguments sake.

I was watching the Bayonetta 3 trailer again this morning, and I can definitly confirm this will be a very great year indeed

Drakrami said:

I should have put quotations over “impossible”

But you know exactly what I’m referring to when using that word. It’s pretty much the word people have been using for games they never thought would run on the Switch. And Doom in particular runs very well on the Switch—No Man’s Sky looks to run pretty darn well too

Only if you look at those games does it come close. There’s also about 1250 to 1750 other games that will come out for Switch in 2022, as opposed to about 45-55 in 2017.

For the established Switch user, 2022 is by far a much better year having such a large and diverse library to choose from—20-45 new games each week. But for launch year, most will only need Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8D, the killer apps, and 1 to 3 others.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 11 February 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Only if you look at those games does it come close. There’s also about 1250 to 1750 other games that will come out for Switch in 2022, as opposed to about 45-55 in 2017.

I’m aware that the quantity of games does not align. That’s not the point of this and I’m sure you know that. :)