By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announced for Switch

Chrkeller said:

Switch is my favorite console but I just didn't like Xeno chronicles nor did i like X. The battle system is meh. I wish I cared about the franchise.

No need to force it. I never used to like JRPGS, and I still dislike the genre overall, but I loved Xenoblade Chronicles 1, X, and 3. They got me into Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, and so far I've enjoyed most of those experiences, except for FF8 which should be destroyed and whose remains should be sent to a star that collapses into a black hole alongside Project X Zone.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Chrkeller said:

Switch is my favorite console but I just didn't like Xeno chronicles nor did i like X. The battle system is meh. I wish I cared about the franchise.

No need to force it. I never used to like JRPGS, and I still dislike the genre overall, but I loved Xenoblade Chronicles 1, X, and 3. They got me into Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, and so far I've enjoyed most of those experiences, except for FF8 which should be destroyed and whose remains should be sent to a star that collapses into a black hole alongside Project X Zone.

For rpgs I really love the classic turn base system.  Modern rpgs are too complex in battle system.  Simple is better.  Dragon Quest elusive age is amazing.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
Dulfite said:

For rpgs I really love the classic turn base system.  Modern rpgs are too complex in battle system.  Simple is better.  Dragon Quest elusive age is amazing.

Totally agree! I like all DQ and older FF games, Part Mario is a great example of simple and fun. But I do love Xenoblade and got used to the combat with time.

Speaking of the battles system, it's conspicuous by its complete absence from this trailer, with only exploration/traversal and story cutscenes shown.

I wonder what it's gonna be like; every Xeno game so far has used the arts/autoattacks template and built its own unique systems on top of it; keen to see what they do with it this time. I hope it's a little less about following a very specific procedure compared to Xenoblade 2. I preferred the battle systems of 1, X, and Torna.

Around the Network

So Agnus and Keves are this game's Bionis and Mechonis?
Cool!

Wyrdness said:

I already feel for Eunie. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Considering how mind-bending the first two games got in their final hours, I can only imagine the gorgeous insanity of a game that combines their two universes when it reaches its climax. I kinda hope this is a conclusion of the saga to the honest, for as much as I love the series, I prefer things to be wrapped up eventually. It's been 11 years, I'm ready for it to go out with a bang and make way for something new.

Is there customization for the characters again? I know XCX story is very faulty, but I like that I make my own character in that game :P

aikohualda said:

Is there customization for the characters again? I know XCX story is very faulty, but I like that I make my own character in that game :P

Most likely not. We got the protagonists shown. If you're lucky they added hair customisation.