Way too big, who wants to play an anvil? 19 27.14%

Bad design but still cool idea 17 24.29%

Maybe a Steam Deck Mini w... 3 4.29%

Does it come with a wireless gamepad? lol 1 1.43%

I'll just play it on my c... 0 0%

It's huge but still looking forward to it 11 15.71%

You're crazy it looks awesome 19 27.14%

Total:70

Thanks for the link. I had a look and the people commenting have the same idea. What pants do you wear to be big enough  to fit the switch in it comfortably so that it wont fall lut?! I need those oants as the ones i have are too small and often i feel like if i were to sot down woth swotch in my pocket i may snap it in half?.  I never saw switch as being portable as the size is beyond portability for me. 

Agree exclusives is what makes switch an attractive oackage but imagine having the entire steam library with graphics that far exceeds switch and closer to console graphics minus Ray tracing. Which device out there where u can play steam library games at low to mid range pc on the go? 

. Why shouldn't it be made? Switch needs competition. I am sure it wont beat switch but if steam deck cam show that u can be portable with better specs and sell well, then nintendo has to carefully think about the next portable when it comes out. 

JWeinCom said:

dane007 said:

Its big but who puts switch in their pocket when they travel? Dont most people carry a bag when they travel around with a switch? Soze maoes sense considering the specs that its carrying. Anything smaller would cause it to overheat

I put my Switch in my pocket personally. I play it mostly on the train to my school/work, so I like to be able to access it quickly and not have to fiddle with a carrying case/bag when I have to get off the train. https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6kzxlv/do_you_ever_put_your_switch_in_your_pocket/ I'm not the only one. Also just convenient to be able to slide it in a pocket just to carry it around the house. Not a necessity but good.

The Switch is really besides the point though. Portability isn't the only reason to buy a Switch, or even probably the primary reason, which would be the exclusives. So, the portability for the Switch is more of a bonus feature in a sense. For this, there are other machines that run the exact same games, often better, so aside from portability and price, its utility is questionable. Portability is kind of the whole point. It has one job. The bigger it becomes, the less purpose it has.

Maybe it's the smallest they could make it, but then maybe the product just shouldn't be made at this point. 

JWeinCom said:
dane007 said:

Its big but who puts switch in their pocket when they travel? Dont most people carry a bag when they travel around with a switch? Soze maoes sense considering the specs that its carrying. Anything smaller would cause it to overheat

I put my Switch in my pocket personally. I play it mostly on the train to my school/work, so I like to be able to access it quickly and not have to fiddle with a carrying case/bag when I have to get off the train. https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6kzxlv/do_you_ever_put_your_switch_in_your_pocket/ I'm not the only one. Also just convenient to be able to slide it in a pocket just to carry it around the house. Not a necessity but good.

The Switch is really besides the point though. Portability isn't the only reason to buy a Switch, or even probably the primary reason, which would be the exclusives. So, the portability for the Switch is more of a bonus feature in a sense. For this, there are other machines that run the exact same games, often better, so aside from portability and price, its utility is questionable. Portability is kind of the whole point. It has one job. The bigger it becomes, the less purpose it has.

Maybe it's the smallest they could make it, but then maybe the product just shouldn't be made at this point. 

Around the Network
Shadownin64 said:

If you are not wearing tight pants and have a pair of jeans with four pockets then you can easily remove the joy con put them in one pocket the switch in another and have two pockets left over four your phone and wallet. I even have a pair of jeans that have a small pocket on the lower right side that the joy con easily fit in so that you only have to put one thing in your back pocket and joy con sticks are extremely unlikely to be damaged if they are by themselves in your front or side pocket.

Why stop at four pockets? Get pants with 10 pockets. That way you can fit 1 Switch, 2 Switch Lites, 1 Switch OLED and 6 Joycons.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

dane007 said:

Thanks for the link. I had a look and the people commenting have the same idea. What pants do you wear to be big enough  to fit the switch in it comfortably so that it wont fall lut?! I need those oants as the ones i have are too small and often i feel like if i were to sot down woth swotch in my pocket i may snap it in half😂.  I never saw switch as being portable as the size is beyond portability for me. 

Agree exclusives is what makes switch an attractive oackage but imagine having the entire steam library with graphics that far exceeds switch and closer to console graphics minus Ray tracing. Which device out there where u can play steam library games at low to mid range pc on the go? 

. Why shouldn't it be made? Switch needs competition. I am sure it wont beat switch but if steam deck cam show that u can be portable with better specs and sell well, then nintendo has to carefully think about the next portable when it comes out. 

JWeinCom said:

JWeinCom said:

Rather than your maybe about my baby maybe just maybe that baby is just not for you.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

shikamaru317 said:

But honestly, I don't know why anybody would put a Switch or a Steam Deck in their pocket, 2DS had circle pads so you could feel safe putting it in a pocket without fear of causing damage, but Switch and SteamDeck both have joysticks, I wouldn't want to risk damage to those joysticks by putting them in my pocket. I have a Switch Lite, substantially smaller than either Switch or SteamDeck, and yet I have not once put it in any of my pockets, I use a hard shell carrying case that has recesses built into the interior for the joysticks so that they aren't touching anything. Pocket damage to joysticks likely contributes to Switch's joycon stick drift issues I suspect. 

In case of the Switch, you can remove the Joycons (not on Switch Lite though) and put them in another pocket. But that also is annoying, constantly applying and removing the Joycons. I personally use a carrying case for my Switch and put it in my backpack. So a Steam Deck wouldn't be different in that regard.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Look guys, it's pocketable!

Where's your god now switch pocket users? /s

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Why stop at four pockets? Get pants with 10 pockets. That way you can fit 1 Switch, 2 Switch Lites, 1 Switch OLED and 6 Joycons.

Gotta bring the parachute pants back into fashion:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

Look it fits!!!

The switch is at just the right size to fit in my pocket without being seen and being comfortable when you take the joy con off. The successor could be an inch longer half an inch wider and maybe a little thicker and it would be fine, any more than that then it would start to stick out or get uncomfortable.

I don't think Nintendo would go for much bigger either or ditch the joy-con design. They may have to keep the same size if they want to keep the joy con backwards compatible, but joy-con that are a little bit bigger in all dimensions would make it easier to eliminate drift and if the old ones are still compatible wirelessly you wouldn't need to buy more for multiplayer since the console would come with a pair. Do you think they would add any features to the Switch 2 that will make some games have iffy compatibility. If not it would be the first time that Nintendo didn't do that. would there be analog/ haptic triggers better hd rumble or would the joy con design even a little bigger restrict those options?

No if you just consider the size separate from the controller I don't think Nintendo would want to make it much bigger. With the oled being 350 and them not having a price drop I think they will aim for a price of 400 for the next console, but with inflation it is not going to go as far as it used to so not going too much bigger will save on materials all around and considering how old the current chip on the switch is they can get a lot more performance this time around if they go with a custom build that won't be that much more power hungry, so as not to have to spend more money on a significantly bigger battery. They will probably be willing to expend more money on it with their past success with the switch and they will want to wait as long as possible with the current chip shortages. Holiday 2024 or Spring 2025 will be just enough time to have a Switch 2 that doesn't need to be that much bigger and not have an abysmal battery life that may be stronger then than the PS4 in many respects if you keep in mind architecture efficiency improvements not necessarily raw power while being $400. Do you think I am over shouting it? How does the Steam Deck compare to the PS4? If the Switch 2 does release in Spring 2025 that will be three years from the Steam decks release do you think Nintendo can get something equivalent to that in approximately the switches size in that time?

But why would you do that. It looks like it will fall lol. Same with the switch lol

Captain_Yuri said:

Captain_Yuri said:
Conina said:

So everyone who is fine with the size and weight shouldn't be able to buy that device because other people may find it too big?

What an egocentric attitude!

Companies should stop making laptops and ipads as well as those are bigger than the switch too! You can't fit 10 inch ipads inside of your pockets so they are pointless!

iPads are indeed pointless, though. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.