I'll just play it on my c... 0 0%

It's huge but still looking forward to it 11 15.71%

You're crazy it looks awesome 19 27.14%

Total:70

"The Vita is just too large as a true portable system"

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Companies should stop making laptops and ipads as well as those are bigger than the switch too! You can't fit 10 inch ipads inside of your pockets so they are pointless!

Yep, that is a completely logical interpretation of what I said and not a ridiculous strawman. Any product bigger than a nickel should be burned along with anyone who possesses one.

Considering how illogical your statement was, there wasn't much point to reply with a logical statement.

Like imagine if every company had your attitude with that statement, there would be so little innovation.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
JWeinCom said:

Yep, that is a completely logical interpretation of what I said and not a ridiculous strawman. Any product bigger than a nickel should be burned along with anyone who possesses one.

Considering how illogical your statement was, there wasn't much point to reply with a logical statement.

Like imagine if every company had your attitude with that statement, there would be so little innovation.

I suggested that companies should maybe not make a product unless the available technology allows them to do so in such a way that they would be appealing to the market. Such illogic. Aristotle is rolling over in his grave right now. 

At any rate since you are admittedly misrepresenting me and not attempting to make a logical reply, then just don't reply at all.

JWeinCom said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I suggested that companies should maybe not make a product unless the available technology allows them to do so in such a way that they would be appealing to the market. Such illogic. Aristotle is rolling over in his grave right now. 

At any rate if you're not going to reply with logical statements, then just don't reply at all.

But how do you know it's not appealing to the market it's targeting? Because it can't fit in people's large pockets?

Who made you the internet police? lmao

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
JWeinCom said:

At any rate if you're not going to reply with logical statements, then just don't reply at all.

But how do you know it's not appealing to the market it's targeting? Because it can't fit in people's large pockets?

I don't know. That's why I used the word maybe. You are continuously misrepresenting what I said, which is why I told you to stop.

"Any user has the right to request that you stop contacting them for any reason (be it in a PM, on their personal wall, or in the forums). If you continue to contact them, you will most likely find yourself moderated. Respect their wishes and move on."

Around the Network

As I might say to some partners, ok at first glance it looks way too big but trust me, you'll have a lot of fun with it

JWeinCom said:
Captain_Yuri said:

"Any user has the right to request that you stop contacting them for any reason (be it in a PM, on their personal wall, or in the forums). If you continue to contact them, you will most likely find yourself moderated. Respect their wishes and move on."

You do realize that when I replied "Companies should stop making laptops and ipads as well as those are bigger than the switch too! You can't fit 10 inch ipads inside of your pockets so they are pointless!," I didn't reply to you right?

Once you replied to me and then I replied to you. But hey, if you don't have any good arguments or can't take jokes, then we can stop...

Captain_Yuri said:
Conina said:

So everyone who is fine with the size and weight shouldn't be able to buy that device because other people may find it too big?

What an egocentric attitude!

Companies should stop making laptops and ipads as well as those are bigger than the switch too! You can't fit 10 inch ipads inside of your pockets so they are pointless!

People don't use laptops the same time they would a Switch. No one pulls out a laptop while they are standing in line to get their frozen mocha frappe with extra sauce, no whip, or when they are standing in line to see Pirates of the Caribbean 7 at 2:37 am on a Friday morning. And think about the times you are already sitting comfortably, but someone sits down next to you to turn on General Hospital and you aren't engaged in the plot of that episode, do you go to the hassle of standing up, grabbing your laptop, fan, and tray, bring it all back, plug in the charger, boot it all up and the game, or simply reach inside your pocket and firmly grab your hybrid while the hospital mafia does its thing?

numberwang said:

"The Vita is just too large as a true portable system"

This is a non-issue. Pockets have inflated 78% since Vita. The Deck will fit in your pocket as snug as a dog in corn.

JWeinCom said:

I've addressed all of this already. Nintendo selling carrying cases doesn't mean most people use them and more than them selling Joy Con wheels mean every people use those. Never said everyone could fit a Switch in their pocket, and in fact said differently several times. Not going to bother with strawmen.

You excused the whole pocket focus argument with a mere video, and I already addressed that multiple times in saying it's not correct for everyone.

The whole point of carry cases/mini bags existing, is because not everyone is gonna shove something that big into their pocket to begin with, and both Valve/Nintendo are supplying carry cases. 

Ergo, the whole "if it ain't small or the size of the Switch, it's dead or gonna get a less less attention" focus is getting put out back and shot. I'm tired of that petty argument, because it sounds both stupid and at times feels insulting to those who know why carry cases even exist and that most ppl on the planet use them, instead of your damn sodding pockets. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 06 February 2022

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"