By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony acquires Bungie for $3.6 billion - staying multiplatform

Tit for tat. Not the acquisition I would have gone for, and quite frankly overpriced I think.

I have never played a Bungie game so not really interested in them as a developer.

Sony now owns the creators of Halo. What a strange world we live in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Why does this feel like an April Fools?! Lol.

Sony acquisitions have always gone full exclusive so this definitely feels reactionary and their "just incase" COD/Overwatch is pulled in future. They will potentially have 2 FPS IPs (Destiny 3 + New IP), to cushion them.

Last edited by Otter - on 31 January 2022

Good purchase for them imo, even if it is at a premium. Sony need a studio like Bungie.

I used to adore Halo but the Destiny games at release (havent played any Destiny 2 DLCs) have never captured my attention.... Hopefully whatever they do next has a bit more of Oomph where campaign is concerned and (local multiplayer would also be sweet)

Hopefully sony invests in expansions so they can support Destiny as a live service game, whilst having 2 alternating teams approach other titles.

The consolidation in the gaming industry continues...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Seems to me like the best purchase to counter Call of Duty loss.

^ Yeah, this was probably based on the need for an FPS blockbuster.

Compared to what they paid for Insomniac it seems like an overpay. It's probably a good purchase and interesting that they say right off the bat that the games will remain multi platform. Perhaps it will be for a few years just to recoup the 3.6 billion before going exclusive to Sony.  Anyone know how many units Destiny 2 sold?  Now we just need Nintendo to buy Sega,Microsoft buys rival Sony'sold mascots Crash/Spyro, Sony buys former Halo creator Bungie, and Nintendo buys former rival Sonic.

Last edited by rapsuperstar31 - on 31 January 2022

A bit expensive considering they won't even be fully integrated into SIE.

Oh for fucks sake...

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!