By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony acquires Bungie for $3.6 billion - staying multiplatform

Wonder if this means "non Destiny" IPs are going to be Playstation (and probably PC) exclusives...

Around the Network

MS taking away FPS from Sony so it was just a matter of time for Sony to find a way to bring back FPS.

I'm more hoping Sony will also revive the Resistance/Killzon/Socom franchise to keep a steady pace of shooter games on their system.

the-pi-guy said:
Leynos said:

As corp exec talk where they say nothing but a weighty nothing.

Well, Bungie is staying multiplatform, even for new games.

Everything for now, Multiplatform as in PS5 and PC in the future.

Last edited by Leynos - on 31 January 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

the-pi-guy said:

1.) Not a response to MS buying Activision.

2.) Companies are buying due to the current inflation rate.

Not a response to MS buying Activision but maybe Bethesda? 

Vodacixi said:

Buying a studio with a single downhill franchise on their back for an absurd amount of money is... not very smart.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

So if they are staying multiplatform, than i guess they won't be working on Internal Sony IPs like Killzone and Resistance, i doubt Sony will allow those games multiplat, unless they mean PS and PC.

I mean I get it. Its a hole that sony has in their catalog. But what I really want to know if that money thats going to this one decaying studio that is squeizing the last juice of a dying franchise worth the investment of some other like a Sega or Capcom, that it might cost more but they dish out one or more games every year of different genres. I just dont get it. And its not just that FPS games dont appeal to me, its that you could service so many more smaller audiences than just a single big audience. Also How good it sounds to have one new game every year than have an update to an existing game that wont be getting any bigger.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Azzanation said:

So if they are staying multiplatform, than i guess they won't be working on Internal Sony IPs like Killzone and Resistance, i doubt Sony will allow those games multiplat, unless they mean PS and PC.

TBH Destiny is bigger than any of those franchises and a new IP built from the ground up probably has bigger potential 

eva01beserk said:
Vodacixi said:

Buying a studio with a single downhill franchise on their back for an absurd amount of money is... not very smart.

Good sir, you gave me an excellent laugh, thank you.

RolStoppable said:

Why?

Nintendo will have to secure some of their independent partners especially if Sony is targeting Square or Capcom. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo going after a publisher in the future.