By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

Shinobi-san said:

COD Warzone as a Xbox exclusive? Errrr Sony is doomed. They kind of have to respond to this or face being irrelevant really soon.

MS hasn't pulled Minecraft or Elderscrolls Online from Sony platforms, near zero chance of Warzone being pulled this generation 

Around the Network

"Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard"

They had the chance to get rid but they chose not to?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

"Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard"

They had the chance to get rid but they chose not to?

They can't fire him until June 2023 when the transaction is final.

Vultures going after a rotten corpse comes to mind. We don't condone what's going on at Activision-Blizzard, but we'll happily reward them with 70bn dollars...

Business is disgusting.

Imaginedvl said:
Otter said:

P.S. Sony still hasn't responded to MS buying Bethesda, they secured studios they were heavily working.... I doubt we'll see some crazy aquisition from Sony's side. They'll respond to gamepass but otherwise I would just expect that steady stream of exclusives deals like FF16, Knights of the Old Republic etc

I think Sony is working on 2 things right now:

- Aquiring SquareEnix

- Their GamePass answer

SE thing is really up my hat, but I really believe it makes so much sense. 

I don't think Sony can buy Square or that Square want to be bought by Sony.

Square currently makes a lot of money from Switch, mobile, PC and even has Gamepass games, however that is counted. And they are present on Stadia. Becoming Sony exclusive would lose them a lot of money.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:
Otter said:

Maybe now people will understand why I kept arguing that Elderscrolls being exclusive is not a given based on MS's pattern of behaviour and past statements on their big aquisitions... or do people now expect COD to also skip PS5 this year?

Between Xbox+PC+Mobile there is no reason for anything Microsoft buys to go on Nintendo or Sony platforms. their pools are tooo small

I am sure MS would accept, if Nintendo and Sony would allow Gamepass on their platforms.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Ashadelo said:

Between Xbox+PC+Mobile there is no reason for anything Microsoft buys to go on Nintendo or Sony platforms. their pools are tooo small

I am sure MS would accept, if Nintendo and Sony would allow Gamepass on their platforms.

I feel like it's actually been offered in the past... 

Otter said:
Shinobi-san said:

COD Warzone as a Xbox exclusive? Errrr Sony is doomed. They kind of have to respond to this or face being irrelevant really soon.

MS hasn't pulled Minecraft or Elderscrolls Online from Sony platforms, near zero chance of Warzone being pulled this generation 

MS surely will not pull any existing games. Future ones - other thing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

the-pi-guy said:
Mnementh said:

I don't think Sony can buy Square or that Square want to be bought by Sony.

Square currently makes a lot of money from Switch, mobile, PC and even has Gamepass games, however that is counted. And they are present on Stadia. Becoming Sony exclusive would lose them a lot of money.

Technically Sony makes Switch (Sony Music), mobile (Sony Music), PC (SIE) games. Stadia doesn't count for much.

Sony could buy Square pretty easily. Sony is not a tiny company.

Well, you think differently than I, but who knows. I personally think Capcom would make more sense for Sony. Street Fighter, Resident Evil and MonHun only on Playstation and PC would be very powerful and they wouldn't lose too much sales that are currently elsewhere.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 18 January 2022