By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

They did what?

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

wait what?

That was my reaction.

Imaginedvl said:
Otter said:

P.S. Sony still hasn't responded to MS buying Bethesda, they secured studios they were heavily working.... I doubt we'll see some crazy aquisition from Sony's side. They'll respond to gamepass but otherwise I would just expect that steady stream of exclusives deals like FF16, Knights of the Old Republic etc

I think Sony is working on 2 things right now:

- Aquiring SquareEnix

- Their GamePass answer

SE thing is really up my hat, but I really believe it makes so much sense. 

I'm okay with that, it makes a lot of sense honestly. I just have one request. Just one. Can us Nintendo gamers still have access to any and all Dragon Quest games? Their silly, charmful, funny stories feel very fitting on Nintendo devices. You can keep everything else exclusive, just not Dragon Quest? Please and thank you.

So next they'll buy EA, Ubisoft, Take-Two and everything else under the sun.

Dulfite said:
Imaginedvl said:

I think Sony is working on 2 things right now:

- Aquiring SquareEnix

- Their GamePass answer

SE thing is really up my hat, but I really believe it makes so much sense. 

I'm okay with that, it makes a lot of sense honestly. I just have one request. Just one. Can us Nintendo gamers still have access to any and all Dragon Quest games? Their silly, charmful, funny stories feel very fitting on Nintendo devices. You can keep everything else exclusive, just not Dragon Quest? Please and thank you.

I have a better idea: Sony buys Square and Nintendo buys Enix and Team Asano. That way Sony has Final Fantasy and Nintendo has Dragon Quest and the HD-2D games.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Otter said:

We will see, but what needs to be understood is that MS is interested in Money and its money comes from sales of games and subscriptions to its services. I imagine they will seek to maximise both. Exclusivity is not necessity in order to do that, in fact its a hindrance. What I do expect will be exclusive is Xbox being the only place where you can play all COD games for $15 a month on release (+exclusive content/marketing/Spinoffs etc)

Edit: Its one thing to expect a number of exclusives, another to expect mainline COD to be that exclusive

Lots of money to be made with game pass.  CoD and Elderscrolls being exclusive to game pass is a massive incentive.  

I could see ps5 ports....  long after launch.  I wouldn't expect to see equal support on Xbox and playstation-5.

There won't ever be equal support, since MS is more focused on making their company about their gaming ecosystem. If Sony isn't a part of it, it won't get the same treatment, this is how MS operates now. 

Won't be surprised if Battlenet gets phased out in a few yrs and ppl have to migrate their Battlenet accounts to Xbox ones. Renaming it "battleX".

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Otter said:

Maybe now people will understand why I kept arguing that Elderscrolls being exclusive is not a given based on MS's pattern of behaviour and past statements on their big aquisitions... or do people now expect COD to also skip PS5 this year?

Between Xbox+PC+Mobile there is no reason for anything Microsoft buys to go on Nintendo or Sony platforms. their pools are tooo small

我是广州人

An additional sector that is falling to the extreme predatory behavior of American big tech companies. I am sure that's the perfect recipe for a flourishing and innovative economy/society ?.

EpicRandy said:
MasonADC said:

I'm 99% sure he wont last for long. They just need the time to rebuild completely. He'll be out by the end of 2023.

I sure hope Microsoft will seize every opportunity, any new report / confirmation of misconduct anything to kick him out after the deal is completed.

I definitely think they will, I imagine the entire board will be redone. 

Bandorr said:
coolbeans said:

This deal won't be finalized until next year.  MS currently doesn't have the power make any decisions related to Acti-Blizz.

"Fire him or no deal". Oh hey look power.

oh you innocent ray of sunshine, it doesn't work that way, but he'll be gone in the end anyway.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.