By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

kopstudent89 said:

Crazy news! They've been building up momentum this gen with XB pass and this is surely a game changer. Surely Sony have to respond now...

Also I love how Nintendo are just chilling in the corner like here's another Kirby game

Well I would rather say they are buying momentum.

Around the Network

That's very surprising! I've been wanting to get the Xbox Series X for a while now and this is helping.

MasonADC said:
TruckOSaurus said:

This is huge!

Also

Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard, and he and his team will maintain their focus on driving efforts to further strengthen the company’s culture and accelerate business growth. Once the deal closes, the Activision Blizzard business will report to Phil Spencer, CEO, Microsoft Gaming.

For fuck sake, this was a golden opportunity to kick that asshole out and rebuild Activision Blizzard's image. *sigh*

I'm 99% sure he wont last for long. They just need the time to rebuild completely. He'll be out by the end of 2023.

I sure hope Microsoft will seize every opportunity, any new report / confirmation of misconduct anything to kick him out after the deal is completed.

P.S. Sony still hasn't responded to MS buying Bethesda, they secured studios they were heavily working with.... I doubt we'll see some crazy aquisition from Sony's side. They'll respond to gamepass but otherwise I would just expect that steady stream of exclusives deals like FF16, Knights of the Old Republic etc

Otter said:

P.S. Sony still hasn't responded to MS buying Bethesda, they secured studios they were heavily working.... I doubt we'll see some crazy aquisition from Sony's side. They'll respond to gamepass but otherwise I would just expect that steady stream of exclusives deals like FF16, Knights of the Old Republic etc

I think Sony is working on 2 things right now:

- Aquiring SquareEnix

- Their GamePass answer

SE thing is really up my hat, but I really believe it makes so much sense. 

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Random_Matt said:

Everyone wants to be like Apple. Phil is not a fan of play anywhere like he spouts often.

yet im playing FH5 on my phone right now

Sure, if you want to include streaming. The vast majority think it is garbage. It is a closed garden approach when it comes console hardware or even PC, if you cannot play titles on PS or Mac hardware natively then there are very large holes in his statements. I am not one of those people who is going to turn around and say "sorry buddy, you can have streaming, it still fits into our play anywhere mantra. Tough luck, we don't give a shit about what you want to play on"

Imagine Crash 5 as an XBox console exclusive.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Well so I can stop buying CoD as it will be on gamepass now.

Thinking out loud, MS has to make a killing on Xbox Live membership.... CoD being exclusive would push that high profit margin online subscriptions... going to be interesting to see what third party games that Sony may no longer get. Could push sales significantly in the US.

the-pi-guy said:
Otter said:

P.S. Sony still hasn't responded to MS buying Bethesda, they secured studios they were heavily working with.... I doubt we'll see some crazy aquisition from Sony's side. They'll respond to gamepass but otherwise I would just expect that steady stream of exclusives deals like FF16, Knights of the Old Republic etc

I mean they never needed to respond to Bethesda. Buying Zenimax pretty much just leveled the playing field for the most part. The only thing that they couldn't really match was The Elder Scrolls series frankly.  

This is on a whole other level.

I'd disagree here, Bethesda are like 8 studios. They alone come close to Sonys entire 1st party output quantity wise