By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

Chazore said:

Ahh, so you're not done talking, you were just trying to save face, gotcha.

Yes, you did say I was like those that would start world wars, based on "fear mongering", not looking back at history and watching for patterns that may emerge of someone acting up to what they previously acted on before...

You need to get over comparing me to someone who would start a war over fear mongering, and instead just accept that someone doesn't like MS as much as you seem to, that you would defend them without question (because let's be frank while we're here, you have been doing that for a long time now).

You're a PC gamer, yet you hardly talk and discuss in the main thread, let alone subsequent other PC threads anywhere as much as say, Yuri and even basil's come back and is joining in the main thread as well as others related to PC, so where are you at "PC gamer"?. 

You certainly don't come off in any way as one, so I've little reason to believe it as such, and since your actions on here aren't proving all that much, besides your off-site apparent time spent, I've just little to go on that you're a PC gamer. On here you come off a lot more of an Xbox gamer, avatar, talk of MS (even in the positive light and defence), etc.

Mate you were judging me based on fuck all and wanted to label me a fear mongerer, as someone not to be believed, and you think I'm going to take that sitting down?. You clearly do not know me, and for someone your age, you don't know any better either. 

You want it to stop, you should try it first, because you claimed you were going to, and yet here we are. 

How about you never respond to me again?. I'd very much love that. I'd give anything for this site to have a a full on block, so then I don't have to see 40 yr olds thinking they know any better, while pissing in the wind to history itself.

ahah :) As a huge PC Gamer, this is a great news for me; have a great day.
Also, 100% digital baby!

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

VGChartz Supporter Program

^The closest you can (currently) get.  At such a cheap price too!  And look at all those other wonderful benefits!

Atm I don't have the funds nor the card to even make such a purchase sadly, but even then I'd say that blocking someone on a forum should be something one wouldn't have to pay for.

It's disappointing that someone in their 40's has to act that way, but that's just one of life's downsides I guess. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

I'm one of those "other" people, who isn't into "fear mongering", but one who actually takes a look at history (not just the history of MS, but the history of other corps and general history itself), and isn't going to take what they say through PR at face value, because why would I?.

You might take it as is, but I don't, so what of that?.

If you're going to cite my non compliance with MS's ideals as "fear mongering", you're going to have to do better as to explaining why no one should take any sort of stance against a trillion dollar corp (which would be asinine to do so anyway and make one look like the biggest sim, so don't, that's my advice). 

Also, I really, really don't want to be that guy that willingly waits for years for something bad to happen, in order for me to say "I told you so", because I know that does jack shit on here, so no one here berating people for not keeping their guard up do not face any sort of consequence for their actions/words. 

I'm one of those "other" people.

I'm sorry but like I said in my previous post you need to define what that "other" refers to. Which Group of PC player are you in so that this is a bad deal for you? 

who isn't into "fear mongering"

By fear mongering I was referring to this line specifically "Yes, Activision acquisition can be very good for Game Pass users, it isn't for everybody else". This is a clear over exaggeration insinuating impending danger/doom which is the verbatim definition for fear mongering. Now I'm not saying this deal is good for everybody, it might be legit bad for you idk till you specify why.

isn't going to take what they say through PR at face value, because why would I?

I'm not either and I do not suggest anyone to do this.

You might take it as is, but I don't, so what of that?.

I ain't.

If you're going to cite my non compliance with MS's ideals as "fear mongering"

Why would you need to comply to anything here???

you're going to have to do better as to explaining why no one should take any sort of stance against a trillion dollar corp

I'm not saying anyone what stance they need to have regarding anything. But a stance is better supported by a reason, better yet a reason supported by fact. If the only reason to justify a stance against MS is because it is a Trillion $ company, fine with me, but this reason is a little on the weak side to say the least.  

Also, I really, really don't want to be that guy that willingly waits for years for something bad to happen, in order for me to say "I told you so", because I know that does jack shit on here, so no one here berating people for not keeping their guard up do not face any sort of consequence for their actions/words. 

you don't needs to wait for years and It would not do jack shit anywhere anyway and for 1 simple reason: It will change nothing in the end, the deal is still happening.

Anyway I'm curious what specific outcome do you dread that make this deal a bad deal for you? Also what specific outcome would make you say, you know what this was actually a good deal?

Activision made over $5,000,000,000 on microtransactions alone in 2021. Holy shit. They made more off MTX than Sony spent to buy Bungie, and they spent a shit ton to buy Bungie.

Really shows why all of these companies are going towards live service games, they can make a killing in revenue.

Alright boys, pull em out.

We got a measuring contest on our hands.

Around the Network

I make 7 billion every year... in my dreams.

Kakadu18 said:

I make 7 billion every year... in my dreams.

And you thank your employees and customers for paying your trips to space. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Cut the bs imaginedvl and just pretend windows wants their store to be as profitable as steam.

Bandorr said:
Hiku said:

I wonder if Activision thought $69 Billion was a 'nice' figure.

Sorry, testing something mod related.

I'll only accept said apology if you explain what you were/are testing.

Hiku said:

I wonder if Activision thought $69 Billion was a 'nice' figure.

Sorry, testing something mod related.

Im picking up what you’re putting down.