By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

Yeah Im sorry I hate this. Not at all excited for every gaming company to be bought out by a larger one and have every game locked behind some system’s ecosystem

Around the Network

"Bobby Kotick will remain as Activision Blizzard CEO after Microsoft acquisition""
So something shitty happened. They waited until the company tanked. Bought it. And kept the person in charge of all the shitty things.. in charge of the company.

So MS did nothing about the situation but enable the guy in the first place. Disgusting.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

To add, the deal isn't done until next year.

Bandorr said:

"Bobby Kotick will remain as Activision Blizzard CEO after Microsoft acquisition""
So something shitty happened. They waited until the company tanked. Bought it. And kept the person in charge of all the shitty things.. in charge of the company.

So MS did nothing about the situation but enable the guy in the first place. Disgusting.

There's a good chance they'll remove him after the deal is done.

Hoe. Lee. Sh*t.

the-pi-guy said:

Bandorr said:

Isn't that fiscal year?

Around the Network

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, Acti-Blizz has some big games upcoming this gen (yearly CoD, Overatch 2, Diablo 4, and the possibility of other franchises like Crash, Tony Hawk, or Spyro being revived later in the generation) will have a big effect on both Xbox Hardware sales and Gamepass subs, even if MS only makes their games day one gamepass, no timed or full exclusivity, and timed or full exclusivity will only further increase that boost to hardware sales and gamepass subs. On the other hand, Acti-Blizz doesn't have very many games that interest me personally (mainly Overwatch 2 and the occasional CoD), and for alot less than $69b they could have bought like 2 or 3 smaller publishers, let's say for the purposes of example, Ubisoft and Sega, acquiring those 2 would have cost less than $15b combined, less than 1/4th what they are paying for Acti-Blizz, and they would have got a larger number of 1st party studios out of it for less money.

The huge price tag does at least show that Satya Nadella is committed to Xbox and gaming in general, he clearly is all-in on making Xbox the biggest console and Microsoft the marketshare leader in Cloud gaming.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 January 2022

it only remains EA and Ubisoft for PS's third parties now.

the-pi-guy said:

Bandorr said:

It's worth noting that Microsoft's FY 2023 begins July 1st 2022 so it could be this calendar year.

Signature goes here!

INCITATUSBR said:

it only remains EA and Ubisoft for PS's third parties now.

Epic, 2K, SquareEnix, Namco, Sega, etc... I mean, there are lot of other publishers out there that can make third parties for Play Station.

People are just overeacting to this one :)

At the end, it is only Blizzard games + COD that are really big names, like 5 games.

Blizzard games are by far my favorite games on PC, so for me this is amazing as they are all going to be on GP day one! But for the rest, I don't know... meh

Otter said:
the-pi-guy said:

Isn't that fiscal year?

TruckOSaurus said:
the-pi-guy said:

It's worth noting that Microsoft's FY 2023 begins July 1st 2022 so it could be this calendar year.

It could be either way. Deal will be completed by June 2023. 

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 18 January 2022