By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

I expected that they would aquire crystal dynamics because they working with Ms on the new Perfect dark and would also get the TR IP.

But this is way bigger, Crash and Spyro are now Xbox IP's....

Around the Network
Otter said:

Maybe now people will understand why I kept arguing that Elderscrolls being exclusive is not a given based on MS's pattern of behaviour and past statements on their big aquisitions... or do people now expect COD to also skip PS5 this year?

haxxiy said:

Insanely huge consolidation. I wonder if Sony will be forced to respond (maybe with something like Take-Two).

COD will be exclusive and turn into free to play like Infinite.

Sony do not have that kind of cash, and Take-Two wouldn't sell to Sony.

Sony should probably consider becoming third party or become a all in VR company. The latter I would like to see, it is not like we need two companies sharing 99% of all games anyway.

Random_Matt said:
Otter said:

Maybe now people will understand why I kept arguing that Elderscrolls being exclusive is not a given based on MS's pattern of behaviour and past statements on their big aquisitions... or do people now expect COD to also skip PS5 this year?

haxxiy said:

Insanely huge consolidation. I wonder if Sony will be forced to respond (maybe with something like Take-Two).

COD will be exclusive and turn into free to play like Infinite.

Sony do not have that kind of cash, and Take-Two wouldn't sell to Sony.

Sony should probably consider becoming third party or become a all in VR company. The latter I would like to see, it is not like we need two companies sharing 99% of all games anyway.

There's already a free to play COD lol

The most dramatic scenario will be MS using COD as an ultimatum to have Gamepass on Playstation and that still seems a generation away 

wait what?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Otter said:
Chrkeller said:

I expect exactly that.  MS is going after US market hard with their acquisitions.  Clearly a western focus and I expect a number of exclusives as a result.

We will see, but what needs to be understood is that MS is interested in Money and its money comes from sales of games and subscriptions to its services. I imagine they will seek to maximise both. Exclusivity is not necessity in order to do that, in fact its a hindrance. What I do expect will be exclusive is Xbox being the only place where you can play all COD games for $15 a month on release (+exclusive content/marketing/Spinoffs etc)

Edit: Its one thing to expect a number of exclusives, another to expect mainline COD to be that exclusive

Lots of money to be made with game pass.  CoD and Elderscrolls being exclusive to game pass is a massive incentive.  

I could see ps5 ports....  long after launch.  I wouldn't expect to see equal support on Xbox and playstation-5.

Around the Network

Omfg... I thought this was just a really well written, super early April fools...

Holy shit. This changes everything.

When I said MS would outsell the Xbox 360 with the X|S because of potential acquisitions, this is not quite what I had in mind. Holy crap.

This legitimately might deal irreversible damage to the PlayStation brand.

Yeah Im sorry I hate this. Not at all excited for every gaming company to be bought out by a larger one and have every game locked behind some system’s ecosystem

Hoe. Lee. Sh*t.

the-pi-guy said:

To add, the deal isn't done until next year.

Bandorr said:

"Bobby Kotick will remain as Activision Blizzard CEO after Microsoft acquisition""
So something shitty happened. They waited until the company tanked. Bought it. And kept the person in charge of all the shitty things.. in charge of the company.

So MS did nothing about the situation but enable the guy in the first place. Disgusting.

There's a good chance they'll remove him after the deal is done.

Isn't that fiscal year?