By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

COD Warzone as a Xbox exclusive? Errrr Sony is doomed. They kind of have to respond to this or face being irrelevant really soon.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

At least Sony spent the entire generation growing their first party brands. Now they can sort of survive by adopting the Nintendo model. They just can't compete with Microsoft money.

Bandorr said:

"Bobby Kotick will remain as Activision Blizzard CEO after Microsoft acquisition""
So something shitty happened. They waited until the company tanked. Bought it. And kept the person in charge of all the shitty things.. in charge of the company.

So MS did nothing about the situation but enable the guy in the first place. Disgusting.

From my recollection, Bobby Kotick has controlling interest in Activision. They can't get rid of him until they take control of the company.

WTF?!

Does this mean we will finally have warzone under 100gb and smaller less frequent update !!?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

this is likely a reaction to Sony acquiring Firesprite.

Anyways, massive deal obviously. Just crazy.

yes and in an ideal world we use no fossil fuels

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Thought this shit was a joke when I woke up. Holy fuck. Microsoft ain't playing around.

Would anyone be surprised if as soon as the deal is done, Kotick and others are gone? He was likely kept on to bring in this big cash cow for the big wigs and will parachute off on a parachute made of money and land on a pillow full of hundred dollar bills and drive off in a car made of gold. Who knows what kind of stock hit there would have been had be been fired and then the asking price is lower.

Joli chit.

So Crash is officially a Microsoft IP, lol

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.