By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

DonFerrari said:

this is likely a reaction to Sony acquiring Firesprite.

Anyways, massive deal obviously. Just crazy.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Bandorr said:

"Fire him or no deal". Oh hey look power.

It doesn't work like that.

My BIGGEST concern right now is absolutely fixing the culture at Activision, I have a little faith that Xbox will do that as they're very afraid of negative PR and Microsoft as a whole is pretty image-conscious.

However, Microsoft has absolutely zero say over anything with Activision right now, they have no power to make them do anything until the deal is closed, for all we know, there could be a behind the scenes agreement that Bobby leaves once the deal is done but they aren't going to announce that until the deal is done as there's still a small chance that the deal may not even go through (if it doesn't, Microsoft has to pay Activision $3bn).

I'd expect that Bobby owns a decent amount of stock too.

They announced nothing about Zenimax's board IIRC (one of which was Trump's brother) but they all left once the deal was finalised.

A 70 BILLION dollar offer absolutely gives you power. Do it or else.

What do you think the stockholders would do if they were told that "the board" turned down a SEVENTY BILLION dollar offer because they refused to fire one person.   Companies aren't a dictatorship.  They are made up of stockholders, boards etc.

Unless Bobby has 51% of the company they absolutely could vote him out or remove him.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

yes and in an ideal world we use no fossil fuels

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Gross.

But business is business

Thought this shit was a joke when I woke up. Holy fuck. Microsoft ain't playing around.

Around the Network

Would anyone be surprised if as soon as the deal is done, Kotick and others are gone? He was likely kept on to bring in this big cash cow for the big wigs and will parachute off on a parachute made of money and land on a pillow full of hundred dollar bills and drive off in a car made of gold. Who knows what kind of stock hit there would have been had be been fired and then the asking price is lower.

Joli chit.

So Crash is officially a Microsoft IP, lol

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Shinobi-san said:

COD Warzone as a Xbox exclusive? Errrr Sony is doomed. They kind of have to respond to this or face being irrelevant really soon.

MS hasn't pulled Minecraft or Elderscrolls Online from Sony platforms, near zero chance of Warzone being pulled this generation 

Bandorr said:
Ryuu96 said:

It doesn't work like that.

My BIGGEST concern right now is absolutely fixing the culture at Activision, I have a little faith that Xbox will do that as they're very afraid of negative PR and Microsoft as a whole is pretty image-conscious.

However, Microsoft has absolutely zero say over anything with Activision right now, they have no power to make them do anything until the deal is closed, for all we know, there could be a behind the scenes agreement that Bobby leaves once the deal is done but they aren't going to announce that until the deal is done as there's still a small chance that the deal may not even go through (if it doesn't, Microsoft has to pay Activision $3bn).

I'd expect that Bobby owns a decent amount of stock too.

They announced nothing about Zenimax's board IIRC (one of which was Trump's brother) but they all left once the deal was finalised.

A 70 BILLION dollar offer absolutely gives you power. Do it or else.

What do you think the stockholders would do if they were told that "the board" turned down a SEVENTY BILLION dollar offer because they refused to fire one person.   Companies aren't a dictatorship.  They are made up of stockholders, boards etc.

Unless Bobby has 51% of the company they absolutely could vote him out or remove him.

Do it or else what? Microsoft doesn't acquire them? Activision will likely sell to someone else or remain independent, it's really not that much of a threat.

These same stockholders stuck by Bobby throughout all the shit stuff he done, the point is that Microsoft has no control over Activision at this moment in time, the deal isn't done and the deal could still fall through so they are unlikely to announce anything in regards to a company they don't own at this stage.

Microsoft could very well have a plan for removing Bobby AFTER they actually own the company though but they aren't likely to make that public knowledge.

Also I don't know how much Bobby owns but he would have to be bought out too.

"Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard"

They had the chance to get rid but they chose not to?

Hmm, pie.