By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

Pretty large Sony sell off occurring on Wall Street right now, the stock has lost 6.5% of its value and climbing

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Vultures going after a rotten corpse comes to mind. We don't condone what's going on at Activision-Blizzard, but we'll happily reward them with 70bn dollars...

Business is disgusting.

The 70bn wasn't a reward they gave out, it is going to be used to acquire the company, and they will likely clean house once the dust settles.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
SvennoJ said:

Vultures going after a rotten corpse comes to mind. We don't condone what's going on at Activision-Blizzard, but we'll happily reward them with 70bn dollars...

Business is disgusting.

The 70bn wasn't a reward they gave out, it is going to be used to acquire the company, and they will likely clean house once the dust settles.

That's not how it works. All the top wigs have stocks in the company, so yes it is a reward to put that kinda price up for the company.

SvennoJ said:

Business is disgusting.

This.

Shame on MS.  They should've let Activision-Blizzard rot longer seeing as how the harassments fiasco is still on-going, and then could've bought them at a cheaper price lol

SvennoJ said:
DroidKnight said:

That's not how it works. All the top wigs have stocks in the company, so yes it is a reward to put that kinda price up for the company.

So Microsoft's intention was to give out a reward and not acquire a company?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

If I didn't own an Xbox Series S it wouldn't really effect me as the only games I really like by them are the Diablo games, but I do have one so if I want to play their games I still can. Never played a call of Duty game, War of Warcraft, Candy Crush, or Overwatch. Not really my type of games. I have to imagine Microsoft will make their money back pretty quickly following the acquisition. One thing that I would look out for is the Department of Justice taking a look at it, congress especially Elizabeth Warren has Apple, Microsoft, Meta, Amazon, and Google in their cross heirs when it comes to monopolies. I could see congress trying to stop this. They usually don't block these types of acquisitions as there are still plenty of companies out there, but they have in the past like blocking Verizon Wireless from buying Sprint a few years ago.

God damn this makes the Zenimax acquisition look small. I don't like seeing a big company get swallowed up by a larger company but it could have benefits like Activision games returning to Steam. Also this makes the Xbox Series selling a lot better than the Xbox One and the PS5 selling notably worse than the PS4 much more likely.

axumblade said:

Nice

I laughed way to hard at this.

aTokenYeti said:

Pretty large Sony sell off occurring on Wall Street right now, the stock has lost 6.5% of its value and climbing

The stock market has been having a sell off for a few weeks now.  Activision stock is up big, but most stocks are down today.  Microsoft is down 1.5%, Apple is down 1.5%, Amazon is down 2.2%, so I would say Sony is probably down closer to 4% on the news of Activision and down 2% from the market just being down.

CaptainExplosion said:

Doubt it'd happen, and even if it did it wouldn't get rid of that abusive murderer they call a CEO.

Usually with acquisitions this size they will sign him to a 1 or 2 year contract, and they will probably get rid of him after that expires.