By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with unfair Metascore

Are there any games with a Metascore that you consider unfair?

For me, I would say "World's End Club" for Switch. The game has a 62 Meta, but in my opinion, it deserves at least a 75.

Around the Network

Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water's metacritic score ranges from the low 70s to the low 60s based on platform, but I'd give it an 8/10 thanks to its powerful atmosphere, great lore, and genuine scariness.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 December 2021

Skyward Sword HD.

It's 81 but it should be a 69 due to the lack of effort Nintendo put into it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

BOTW having 97. *Hides*

Mario Party is generally lower scored than I think it should be.

Lost Odyssey was one of the best RPGs of all time. It got panned for not trying enough new things at the start of a new generation. It got several great reviews but it shouldn't have ended with a 78% because it didn't live up to some imaginary game that people were wishing for.

Around the Network

Too high score: Smash, Dragon Age Inquisition, Celeste, FF X-2, Valorant and so many more...

Too low score: Detroit, Crash N. Sane Trilogy, Ocopath Traveler

Ka-pi96 said:

Musou games. Just so many of them.

Dynasty Warriors games are awesome, love them! The latest one was kind of crap, so that one's fair. But games like DW 5, 7 and 8 Getting 50s or 60s is totally unfair.

Samurai Warriors too. IMO 4/5 are two of the worst games in the genre, yet somehow have 75/76 (high for a musou game), while the masterpiece that was SW2 only has 43/52/58 depending on platform. WTF? Totally unfair!

Agree with this. Musou games get ragged on by critics for the doing the same thing over and over, meanwhile yearly games like CoD or Ubisoft open world games do the same thing over and over.

Probably an even worse offense, considering the budget differences.

Devil's Third for the Wii U. Sure, it's not a masterpiece... But a 43? Lol, not even close. This game is a high 70. It's visually average and the framerate suffers at times... But other than that, is a very solid game that has a lot going for it. It was a very refreshing FPS thanks to also being part TP hack n' slash. The combination of this two mechanics resulted in a very frenetic game, but also somewhat strategic due to the fact that each mode was best suited for certain situations.
Level design was great, there was a good amount of different weapons (both melee and shooting), music was pretty good and the bosses were incredibly intense and satisfying to fight.

That's not even taking into account the online multiplayer, which had a crap ton of modes and customization. A shame it was shut down a year after the game released...

All in all, a very good game, specially when the online was active. But even the campaign alone was very fun. Definetely doesn't deserve a red score...

Zippy6 said:

BOTW having 97. *Hides*

I agree, it's just way too low. It isn't even in their top 10 highest rated games!

Persona 5 Strikers at 83. To me, it's at least a 90. If not a 95.
The Last of Us Part II at 93. It's about a 60 to me.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima