By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Owners, how satisfied have you been with this first year?

victor83fernandes said:
SKMBlake said:

I would say meh so far. I got only 1 true PS5 game so far, which is Miles Morales, and I mostly played Hitman 2 (after discovering the series with Hitman 3 on the Switch) and Psychonauts 1 (not 2) and God Of War 2018 so far on it. So basically a glorified PS4 Pro.

Miles Morales is not a true ps5 game, first of all its a glorified DLC, second, it barely looks any better than Spiderman on ps4.

True PS5 games are Returnal, Demon souls, Ratchet

Well a glorified DLC which is an open world running at 60fps with ray tracing, you can call it whatever you want. When I said "true" I meant "an actual PS5 version"

Around the Network

Ask me again next year. Just procured mine and completed the trifecta yesterday, so I cannot rightly comment. MS does have much more to offer as of this holiday however, but I am good to go for 2022 releases.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'll focus my energy on getting a PS5 in 2022 but it's crazy how little buzz both 9th gen systems have had this year. They sell well but there have been days where the entire front page on Vgchartz have no mention of them. I'm still excited, though. There are some cross gen games that I want to see at full glory and I'm dying to finally get my hands on Astro!

I enjoy my PS5 even though I probably spend more time on the Series X. I will say this holiday all my game purchases have been on the PS5. I currently enjoy the controller just as much as the Xbox controller which is a first for me since I never liked any of the PS controllers until now. I cannot fault any of the games I have played so far from Returnal, Miles, playroom. I purchased Deathloop because it was cheap, including Guardians of the Galaxy which is a excellent game. Also purchased 1TB ssd because they were on sale. The PS5 is a all around solid, well built console definitely worth my money. I will say out of the series x and PS5, the PS5 is definitely the noisiest. I never hear anything from the Series X and if I did not look specifically for it would not know it was under my TV while the PS5 is always making disc noises. Not really that bad but noticeable.

On another note, I purchased Tales of Arise and Guardian of the Galaxy for the PS5 instead of the Series X because of Sony controller.  I would never have done this back in the PS4 or PS2 days but I really like the feel and solid design not to mention the haptic feedback is on point.  Even the speaker is used in a cool way in Guardians at points.

Great first year : Ratchet & Clank RA, FFVII Remake Intergrade, Kena, Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut.

All good.

Around the Network

i'm really liking the console, got it a month ago and have platined 4 games and finished another 2. The menus are a little more labour to go through until I get used, but since they are very fast it is a bless compared to PS4, even more on the store.

On the noise, for me I only hear any noise when turning it up, dunno why, after that it is very silent.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 30 November 2021

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

No captions needed 

Its been okay. Outside Ratchet, Astro, Miles Morales and some up ports/remasters FFVII Intergrade, GoW, Death Stranding DC, Control UE etc I haven't really played on it. Mainly been gaming on PC this year though the games for PS5 have been solid, if a little safe. Hardware wise, its a great machine as is the brilliant DualSense.

My peeves with though the slow trickling of features is a bit annoying like NVMe support and still no VRR. But yeah satisfied, but waiting on the big hitters and something truly 'next gen'. I'd give 8/10 for hardware and games 6/10. 7 overall. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair but coming off the excellent last few years of PS4 I think the lack of big releases from Sony 1st party done it for me, especially with Forbidden West delay. Next year is going to be nuts though.

hinch said:

Its been okay. Outside Ratchet, Astro, Miles Morales and some up ports/remasters FFVII Intergrade, GoW, Death Stranding DC, Control UE etc I haven't really played on it. Mainly been gaming on PC this year though the games for PS5 have been solid, if a little safe. Hardware wise, its a great machine as is the brilliant DualSense.

My peeves with though the slow trickling of features is a bit annoying like NVMe support and still no VRR. But yeah satisfied, but waiting on the big hitters and something truly 'next gen'. I'd give 8/10 for hardware and games 6/10. 7 overall. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair but coming off the excellent last few years of PS4 I think the lack of big releases from Sony 1st party done it for me, especially with Forbidden West delay. Next year is going to be nuts though.

New features have been something slowly introduced through the gen for PS4 as well so I don't think we can expect any different now, although for me they don't matter much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

New features have been something slowly introduced through the gen for PS4 as well so I don't think we can expect any different now, although for me they don't matter much.

Every new PlayStation generation they take my game folders away.