By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

S.Peelman said:
Machina said:

I would guess Call of Duty: World at War, but I can't imagine anyone having that as their #24 in 2021.

I don’t know if that happens in WaW, or if there’s a expansion for that game, but you’re close anyways.

Kind of sounds like Medal of Honor now.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

More hints:

28. a) The company that made this game was known for arcade games and arcade ports.  However, this first entry in their most successful series started on consoles.
b)  There are no sidekicks this time.
c)  The main protagonist is blue.

26. a) This is an arcade game from the 80's that isn't even one of the most popular ones.  I'll try to make the clues easy, because this is not an easy game to guess.  You dig around the board like Dig Dug, but the game uses apples instead of rocks.
b)  Defeat enemies in this game either by hitting them with a power ball or by dropping apples on them.

28. Sonic the Hedgehog

26. Sounds familiar, but I did play a lot of Dig Dug. Don't want to cheat and look it up. So maybe Donkey Kong?

Around the Network

@Kakadu18 Your #29 is Luigi's Mansion 3, isn't it?

I'm only adding hints to some of these for now because others feel fairly guessable already.

33) You spent much of this game in a preposterously tall tower.

Hint 2: You play as the vessel.

Hint 3: Part of a series that has done a pretty poor job celebrating it's 25th anniversary... so far.

Hint 4: The series isn't Pokémon but it does start with P

29) Death by fish.

Hint 2: Malfunction by fish*

27) The person think you are, is actually a member of the main villain group of this game.

Hint 2: He now goes by the same first name as the protagonist of a very long running anime, but spelt slightly differently.

Hint 3: The anime in question is Pokémon, this game has also been on a Nintendo handheld but not originally.

26) Funny without.

Hint 2: ^ pick 2 synonyms for these words and and you get...

25) Possessing people has never been more wholesome.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Farsala said:
S.Peelman said:

I don’t know if that happens in WaW, or if there’s a expansion for that game, but you’re close anyways.

Nope, Machina was closer.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

I'm only adding hints to some of these for now because others feel fairly guessable already.

Super Mario Odyssey?

Farsala said:
S.Peelman said:

The_Liquid_Laser said:

More hints:

28. a) The company that made this game was known for arcade games and arcade ports.  However, this first entry in their most successful series started on consoles.
b)  There are no sidekicks this time.
c)  The main protagonist is blue.

26. a) This is an arcade game from the 80's that isn't even one of the most popular ones.  I'll try to make the clues easy, because this is not an easy game to guess.  You dig around the board like Dig Dug, but the game uses apples instead of rocks.
b)  Defeat enemies in this game either by hitting them with a power ball or by dropping apples on them.

28. Sonic the Hedgehog

26. Sounds familiar, but I did play a lot of Dig Dug. Don't want to cheat and look it up. So maybe Donkey Kong?

28 is correct!

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Super Mario Odyssey?

Yep! Figured that one was easy enough as is.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Alright, no correct guesses for these yet, so here's another set of hints:

#25:

• The true final boss of this game, as well as the final dungeon, is only accessible if the player makes the correct choices.
  • You've barely just arrived at your new hometown when a murder takes place.
  • Midnight

#24:

• The game's world is literally divided by a massive continent-spanning wall.
  • Originally a Japan-only Sega Saturn game.
  • Was released in the west on the PS1 a few years later.

#22:

• A vessel was created to contain the infection.
  • Radiance
  • The main character is a creature similar to the vessel that was created, and the only other one out of countless failed vessels that survived.
Last edited by Darashiva - on 05 December 2021

GoOnKid said:

@Kakadu18 Your #29 is Luigi's Mansion 3, isn't it?

Yes it is.

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

#28: Hint: Excellent work! Now head towards an exit.

#26: Hint: You get funny pictures that move in a funny way when you shake the console.

#25: Hint: Giant Kaiju fights in an experimental setting are not the main course of this game.

#24: Hint: Giant flying beasts are where everyone lives on.

#28: Hint 2: Your job is to kill people.

#26: Hint 2: A loved one gets kidnapped and somehow always manages to send you letters with aforementioned pictures. The iconic villain has a bobblehead on those.

#28: Hint 3: The latest game in a long running series where you play as a professional killer.

#26: Hint 3: The villain has alot of spikes and is very big.

#25: Hint 2: Same villain as in #26, but this time he has a different goals.

#24: Hint 2: You seek to find a fabled paradise, in a sea of clouds.

#23: Hint: The villain plans to destroy all dimensions to create the one perfect dimension. A bit different gameplay from previous games in the series.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 05 December 2021

UnderwaterFunktown said:

26) Funny without.

Hint 2: ^ pick 2 synonyms for these words and and you get...

Oooooohh... Comic Sans. This is Undertale, isn't it?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]