By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

coolbeans said:
Darashiva said:

No, is there a continent-spanning wall in Policenauts?

I don't know.  Taking shots in the dark with your 2nd hint. :P

Fair enough.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

#29: Hint: The villain of this game wants revenge. Once again he escaped his imprisonment and seeks to defeat his arch nemesis. But this time with an even more elaborate trap.

Kakadu18 said:

#29: Hint 2: One of the protagonist's friends made some questionable inventions in the past.

#29: Hint 3: Your enemies are out of this world.

#28: Hint: Excellent work! Now head towards an exit.

#27: Hint: Before this game was revealed nobody, absolutely nobody would have expected this.

#26: Hint: You get funny pictures that move in a funny way when you shake the console.

#25: Hint: Giant Kaiju fights in an experimental setting are not the main course of this game.

#24: Hint: Giant flying beasts are where everyone lives on.

#29: Hint 4: You use something that looks like a household appliance to fight your foes. It's from a series that already showed up on my list.

#28: Hint 2: Your job is to kill people.

#27: Hint 2: The crossover of the century.

#26: Hint 2: A loved one gets kidnapped and somehow always manages to send you letters with aforementioned pictures. The iconic villain has a bobblehead on those.

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Kakadu18 said:

#29: Hint 2: One of the protagonist's friends made some questionable inventions in the past.

#29: Hint 3: Your enemies are out of this world.

#28: Hint: Excellent work! Now head towards an exit.

#27: Hint: Before this game was revealed nobody, absolutely nobody would have expected this.

#26: Hint: You get funny pictures that move in a funny way when you shake the console.

#25: Hint: Giant Kaiju fights in an experimental setting are not the main course of this game.

#24: Hint: Giant flying beasts are where everyone lives on.

#29: Hint 4: You use something that looks like a household appliance to fight your foes. It's from a series that already showed up on my list.

#26: Hint 2: A loved one gets kidnapped and somehow always manages to send you letters with aforementioned pictures. The iconic villain has a bobblehead on those.

#27: Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Seems like an extra hint is needed after all for 33. At this point even people that haven't played it should have a decent shot.

33) You spent much of this game in a preposterously tall tower.

Hint 2: You play as the vessel.

Hint 3: Part of a series that has done a pretty poor job celebrating it's 25th anniversary... so far.

Hint 4: The series isn't Pokémon but it does start with P

29) Death by fish.

Hint 2: Malfunction by fish*

27) The person think you are, is actually a member of the main villain group of this game.

Hint 2: He now goes by the same first name as the protagonist of a very long running anime, but spelt slightly differently.

26) Funny without.

25) Possessing people has never been more wholesome.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Machina said:
S.Peelman said:

So Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted 2 were guessed faster than I wrote them. Time for the next one.

#24: This game features an awesome campaign following three characters from three different viewpoints, and with the expansion ends with an iconic image of carrying a flag onto a rooftop.

I would guess Call of Duty: World at War, but I can't imagine anyone having that as their #24 in 2021.

I don’t know if that happens in WaW, or if there’s a expansion for that game, but you’re close anyways.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Kakadu18 said:

#27: Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Correct.

mZuzek said:

A bit surprised no one guessed this.

#28 - Most of its OST's songs are played by various fictional bands in the game's universe.
Hint 2 - Though it is primarily a multiplayer game, its only paid DLC was a single-player campaign.

#27 - This game was controversial for having religious chanting in one of its songs, which was altered in later releases.

#27 - Ocarina of Time?

mZuzek said:

A bit surprised no one guessed this.

#28 - Most of its OST's songs are played by various fictional bands in the game's universe.
Hint 2 - Though it is primarily a multiplayer game, its only paid DLC was a single-player campaign.

#27 - This game was controversial for having religious chanting in one of its songs, which was altered in later releases.

28 - Splatoon 2

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Why hasn't this been guessed yet?

#29: Hints: Your arch nemesis sets up a trap for you again. You fight him and his army, that is literally not from this world with a machine that looks like a household appliance.

This machine was build by one of your friends who also made a bunch of other inventions, one of which in particular was questionable because it lead to alot of bad stuff happening in another only loosely related game where neither the protagonist of this game nor the guy who invented all of this stuff show up but a different iteration of the villain of this game does.

This game is part of a series that already showed up on my list.

More hints:

28. a) The company that made this game was known for arcade games and arcade ports.  However, this first entry in their most successful series started on consoles.
b)  There are no sidekicks this time.
c)  The main protagonist is blue.

26. a) This is an arcade game from the 80's that isn't even one of the most popular ones.  I'll try to make the clues easy, because this is not an easy game to guess.  You dig around the board like Dig Dug, but the game uses apples instead of rocks.
b)  Defeat enemies in this game either by hitting them with a power ball or by dropping apples on them.