By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

I have a list of 50 games but I know I'll think of games I forgot about and should have included.

Also I tried to not repeat the same series repeatedly. I.E more Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Ratchet & Clank games would easily make my top 50 but I limited myself to not spamming the same series in my list.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Hints

#50 - Blue haired protagonist, girl with wings and a tiger are some of the party members.

#49 - The fist half of the game is played from the POV of 3 different characters. After that you have to chose one of them to continue the story.

#48 - Part of Disc 2 is like a visual novel due to lack of development time.

#47 Suplex a train.

#46 The cartridge is transparent.

#50 - Kingdom Heats? Only played the first one, but I know there's a blue haired chick... tinkerbell?, tigger? lol.

#47 Suplex a train. - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

Dulfite said:

So just to be clear, I update my op in the main thread everytime I play eligible games and my rankings change?

I assume that means none of the data will be compiled until after the last date, so the host of this isn't constantly making massive changes to the aggregate list?

You ready your list of 50 games and send them privately to the mzuzek. You update your post in the official thread each day to reveal one game of your list.

Zippy6 said:

I have a list of 50 games but I know I'll think of games I forgot about and should have included.

Also I tried to not repeat the same series repeatedly. I.E more Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Ratchet & Clank games would easily make my top 50 but I limited myself to not spamming the same series in my list.

Yeah, if I forgot about a game, I may include it next year. I also try to minimize games from the same franchise, but sometimes two games I feel need to be included as each of them is great.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hints:

#50 - 69% chance to hit target! What could go wrong? Permanent death probably.

#49 - Very fast with lots of pixels! A highly definitive racer that defies physics.

#48 - In an alternate reality this game is about a red panda putting his rightful belongings into a safe.

#47 - What do you mean she's asexual and I can't romance her? How am I supposed to enjoy my time on these worlds now? Other than shoot things.

#46 - 3rd times the charm, or is it the 4th? Either way there's baddies in this city to punch and this time I brought my car. Many people wish I didn't but I did so shut up and just drive.

Hiku said:

Hints

#50 - Blue haired protagonist, girl with wings and a tiger are some of the party members.

#49 - The fist half of the game is played from the POV of 3 different characters. After that you have to chose one of them to continue the story.

#48 - Part of Disc 2 is like a visual novel due to lack of development time.

#47 Suplex a train.

#46 The cartridge is transparent.

#50 Breath of Fire IV

#48 Xenogears

#47 Final Fantasy VI

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Dulfite said:

So just to be clear, I update my op in the main thread everytime I play eligible games and my rankings change?

I assume that means none of the data will be compiled until after the last date, so the host of this isn't constantly making massive changes to the aggregate list?

You ready your list of 50 games and send them privately to the mzuzek. You update your post in the official thread each day to reveal one game of your list.

Zippy6 said:

Yeah, if I forgot about a game, I may include it next year. I also try to minimize games from the same franchise, but sometimes two games I feel need to be included as each of them is great.

Yeah but what about all the games we will play/beat over the next 50 days that are eligible? We supposed to update the main list if they bump games around on our list?

Dulfite said:

Yeah but what about all the games we will play/beat over the next 50 days that are eligible? We supposed to update the main list if they bump games around on our list?

I would lock your list now and if you really play something that you would put in your top 50 between now and the end of the year just wait for next year to include it, but you can make alterations:

The Official Thread (POST ONLY ONCE) - The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event (vgchartz.com)

"If you change your mind halfway through, it's okay to make alterations to your list, as long as you make them BEFORE December 31st.
       • However, if you sent me your list via PM, please message me again with the new alterations, otherwise I'll be using the outdated list."

Alright, I finally had some time to think of some hints, so let's start with these.

#50: The asylum thing wasn't quite working, so instead we walled off a part of the city to keep them in instead.

#49: A very angry man becomes slightly less angry and learns to get along with others.

#48: A potato can generate just barely enough power.

#47: The most recent big cross-over punch-up in this series.

#46: Before a new game came out in the series just a while ago, this game from 27 years ago was the last 2D home console entry in the series.

Darashiva said:

Alright, I finally had some time to think of some hints, so let's start with these.

#50: The asylum thing wasn't quite working, so instead we walled off a part of the city to keep them in instead.

#49: A very angry man becomes slightly less angry and learns to get along with others.

#46: Before a new game came out in the series just a while ago, this game from 27 years ago was the last 2D home console entry in the series.

#50: Batman Arkham City

#49: God of War?

#46: Kid Icarus?

EDIT:

#47: Super Smash Bros Ultimate?

Last edited by Mnementh - on 11 November 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

#50: Batman Arkham City

#49: God of War?

#46: Kid Icarus?

EDIT:

#47: Super Smash Bros Ultimate?

Correct on 50, 49 and 47.