By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

It might be time for me to actually play some GTA, and it's pretty cool that it's coming to Switch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
kirby007 said:

now i know fps doesn't matter if you are just watching games, but in any other case

Swear a lot of rigs can 100+ fps on this game without DLSS. 

But even then, why would you want it removed from any game at all, by your hand?.

I don't see the logic in removing it, because you think everyone can handle 100fps. It's like me saying everyone game should handle 4k as the only option, because people can stay and stick with 60fps.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Random_Matt said:

Swear a lot of rigs can 100+ fps on this game without DLSS. 

But even then, why would you want it removed from any game at all, by your hand?.

I don't see the logic in removing it, because you think everyone can handle 100fps. It's like me saying everyone game should handle 4k as the only option, because people can stay and stick with 60fps.

I never said remove it.

"as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch" who could ever ask for more ^ ^

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

"Not worth it" I hear a lot. How is a package of 3 of the most successful and beloved games of all time, each one easily worth hundreds of hours of your time, all upgraded to play like modern games with improved visuals...not worth it?

"They're PS2 games, therefore they have less value"

They're three of the BEST games on the BEST console, and they still play well today. Gamer entitlement is hilarious. Y'all aren't entitled to shit. Pay the asking price or wait for a sale. Quit bitching about game prices and start voting with your wallet, because I know every one of you that's bitching about the price is still gonna silently buy it while pretending to be appalled by the price. And even if YOU don't, whoever YOU are, LOTS of people will. And, if lots of people pay it at that price and love it, then guess what: You're factually wrong about it not being worth it. YOU might not think it's worth it, and that's fine, but this entitlement is hilarious. Watch this sell 5 million copies by end of year at that price. "Not worth it" indeed.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

"Not worth it" I hear a lot. How is a package of 3 of the most successful and beloved games of all time, each one easily worth hundreds of hours of your time, all upgraded to play like modern games with improved visuals...not worth it?

"They're PS2 games, therefore they have less value"

They're three of the BEST games on the BEST console, and they still play well today. Gamer entitlement is hilarious. Y'all aren't entitled to shit. Pay the asking price or wait for a sale. Quit bitching about game prices and start voting with your wallet, because I know every one of you that's bitching about the price is still gonna silently buy it while pretending to be appalled by the price. And even if YOU don't, whoever YOU are, LOTS of people will. And, if lots of people pay it at that price and love it, then guess what: You're factually wrong about it not being worth it. YOU might not think it's worth it, and that's fine, but this entitlement is hilarious. Watch this sell 5 million copies by end of year at that price. "Not worth it" indeed.

nice rant if only it was valid here...

stop bringing resetera in here please, only one person in this thread didn't find it worth 60 bucks but said he would wait for the discount.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

$60 for (long time) GTA fans is no big deal for the upgrades.

$60 for the casual who's experienced these already is certainly borderline.

$60 for someone younger or new to gaming, who hasn't experienced these yet, is a..... steal...

All while offering a similar and reasonably authentic feel to the originals. Nothing wrong for those paying for a new coat of paint on an old (stolen) ride.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 22 October 2021

First time in 12 years and 7 months a Nintendo system is getting GTA games, that's pretty cool.

And for the first time these are mainline games, last spin-off game was GTA Chinatown Wars on the DS in March of 2009.

Never been a fan of GTA but this has more effort put in than I expected, and including gyro aiming in the Switch version is a nice touch.

Cool to see the series proper finally make its way to a Nintendo platform, hopefully GTA5 follows.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 October 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Hopefully the switch version will be fully available on the cart not 10% with 90% download lol