By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

h2ohno said:

Does anyone know if the games have been patched to an acceptable level on Switch yet? I'm interested in getting it when it reaches the point where it's as good as it should have been when it launched but I haven't heard anything about a new patch in a long time.

It is not acceptable even for Series X and PS5 =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
h2ohno said:

Does anyone know if the games have been patched to an acceptable level on Switch yet? I'm interested in getting it when it reaches the point where it's as good as it should have been when it launched but I haven't heard anything about a new patch in a long time.

It got patched 5 times, it's better (I've finished my run of GTA III and now I am in the middle of Vice City).

The great thing about patches is that now you can see all other problems in the game:

- the cars are exploding way too fast (if your car flips on its roof, it will explode in exactly 4 seconds, which isn't enough to get out of the car and run)

- the police is way more aggressive than ever

- the gunfights are broken (you can get killed after only 5 seconds of a gunfight)

SKMBlake said:
h2ohno said:

It got patched 5 times, it's better (I've finished my run of GTA III and now I am in the middle of Vice City).

The great thing about patches is that now you can see all other problems in the game:

- the cars are exploding way too fast (if your car flips on its roof, it will explode in exactly 4 seconds, which isn't enough to get out of the car and run)

- the police is way more aggressive than ever

- the gunfights are broken (you can get killed after only 5 seconds of a gunfight)

The fast car explosion thing made me quit the game and uninstall. Its completely broken and frustrating to play, especially during missions. Where you don't have time to even get out of a burning car before it explodes.

Looks like the the 6th patch finally brought the game to an 'acceptable' standard, though there's still room for improvement.  The framerate problems now seem to be minor and the draw distance is improved.