By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

Rockstar just destroyed their legacy and reputation for a cheap cash grab. The very thing they would have parodied back in the day when they still had vision and class. So sad.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

Rockstar just destroyed their legacy and reputation for a cheap cash grab. The very thing they would have parodied back in the day when they still had vision and class. So sad.

When you think hiring/using a mobile studio to handle your legacy IP to do a simple job is a good idea, you know you're at the bottom of the barrel in terms of class/respectability.

T2/R* are just aiming for the ground at this point, instead of the stars, and for cheap too. 

Now that I think about it, they haven't really released anything this year, besides the GTA DE, which tells me that they simply wanted to shove something out this yr, just to meet their sodding fiscal quotas for next yr. No wonder why they shoved this shit out the door so fast. 

I hope to god that this serves as another massive wakeup call to people, to not buy AAA stuff day/week 1, and instead wait for reviews and let these corps learn shit the hard way, because not being able to get a fucking refund week 1, and having your game taken away from you/the store you shop on, isn't making them learn a damn thing (if anything it allows them to take your money and run with it). 

Last edited by Chazore - on 16 November 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

curl-6 said:
Radek said:

It's absolutely horrible...

Bloody hell.

864p on base PS4/Xbone, 648p docked and 480p handheld on Switch, and shite framerates all around, with visuals this mediocre. What were they smoking when they decided this was an acceptable state to release remakes of three of the most famous games of the 21st century?

serves them right for using the subpar mobile version as a base instead of the PS2 or PC version. Who was the porting team behind that again? Oh the same guys who made this abomination. How could Take Two not see this coming?

Btw. PS4 Pro uses 864p as well in performance mode...

Barozi said:

serves them right for using the subpar mobile version as a base instead of the PS2 or PC version. Who was the porting team behind that again? Oh the same guys who made this abomination. How could Take Two not see this coming?

Watch T2 make the excuse of "oh we lost the code from the PS2/PC versions years ago".

Really boggles the mind how any studio can just lose code so easily like a piece of paper.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Barozi said:
curl-6 said:

Bloody hell.

864p on base PS4/Xbone, 648p docked and 480p handheld on Switch, and shite framerates all around, with visuals this mediocre. What were they smoking when they decided this was an acceptable state to release remakes of three of the most famous games of the 21st century?

864p on Pro, at an unstable framerate, while looking like this? What a mess.

I can forgive low resolutions or unstable framerates if a game for example a very ambitious port from stronger hardware, but a remake of a PS2 game with a few modern effects slapped on top? Disgraceful showing.

Around the Network

Has there still been no announcement or statement on a patch for any version of the game? I'd think the publisher/developer would at least try to reassure consumers that things will improve.

This is just sad. Was really looking forward to this. Shame on Rockstar.

IGN: It's defective, disappointing, and surprisingly disrespectful to both the legacy of the games themselves and their many legions of fans." 5/10

Extra:

konnichiwa said:

IGN: It's defective, disappointing, and surprisingly disrespectful to both the legacy of the games themselves and their many legions of fans." 5/10

I swear, game reviewers be like "worst game ever made, physically painful to play, no redeeming qualities, complete garbage, 5/10."

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 November 2021

curl-6 said:
konnichiwa said:

I swear, game reviewers be like "worst game ever made, physically painful to play, no redeeming qualities, complete garbage, 5/10."

It didn't make a 6/10 because we all know IGN hates water.