By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

Dulfite said:

I'm still amused by how silly sounding this game title is.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — Definitive Edition

Why couldn't they have come up with a better name than that? Could have been:
GTA: The Definitive Trilogy

Would have sounded better and eliminated a "-".

It's also missing this to complete the title:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
curl-6 said:

Among Switch owners I know there actually is a fair amount of buzz, just like there was for Skyrim back in 2017, a similar situation where a massively popular game(s) came to Nintendo and a handheld for the first time.

Personally I can't stand GTA but there is definitely excitement among plenty of Switch gamers.

And also the fact that we have seen no footage at all and the game releases in like 4 days

That's not uncommon for the Switch version of games unfortunately. Whether its devs only wanting to see the prettiest version of their game, or just not bothering to market the Nintendo version, often the first footage we see is when youtubers get hold of either an early or day 1 copy.

Barozi said:
Cobretti2 said:

This is the issue with modern consoles in general. They make it impossible to backup anything. The WiiU may have failed as hardware but that let you backup all your save files and patches etc to an external HDD.  Even if I went all digital, the games are tied to your console, so if your console dies so do the games if the online service is shutdown 10 years later and I cannot redownload them onto the new one.

There is a reason why a lot of Nintendo retro games go for big bucks now because Nintendo gamers are collectors first and gamers second. They are proud to own and hold their games. Even here in Aus, when Wii had the most sales in Aus compared to PS3, there was still way more PS3 games in second hand stores than there was Wii games.

The sooner these idiot 3rd party companies realise this concept with Nintendo gamers the higher their sales will be. I have passed on so many games on Switch simply because I had to download one of the games, or half the game etc. Why can't they just use smaller carts and more of them if they haveto spend money on the larger ones? Charge me more, i'll pay it if the full content is on one lol.

Now I have played all those GTA games before on my PC so it isn't like I desperately need to play them again. But you know what it would have been cool to have them for my Switch in my collection

With modern consoles in general?

You can backup all patched games and local saves on an external HDD (or SSD) on Xbox One and Series X|S as well.

shrug, can't get my hands on one lol. but if you can that is fantastic.

wish Nintendo left that freedom with the Switch like the WiiU had

Cobretti2 said:
Barozi said:

With modern consoles in general?

You can backup all patched games and local saves on an external HDD (or SSD) on Xbox One and Series X|S as well.

Nah, they rather make you pay 20 dolars a year to backup your save files on the cloud. But not all your saves files. And not the game updates. Such a good service...

curl-6 said:
SKMBlake said:

And also the fact that we have seen no footage at all and the game releases in like 4 days

That's not uncommon for the Switch version of games unfortunately. Whether its devs only wanting to see the prettiest version of their game, or just not bothering to market the Nintendo version, often the first footage we see is when youtubers get hold of either an early or day 1 copy.

Yep, indeed (I recall for Mortal Kombat for eg, even if the game ran fine). 

But this is a multiplatform game, and still no footage. It's like they had to release it pretty quickly after the leak and weren't completely ready 

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Vodacixi said:

The Switch asks you if you want to start up the game anyways or if you want to update first.

Yep, and then when you put "start the game" it says "you really need to update it first"

That is really a lousy thing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Vodacixi said:
Cobretti2 said:

Nah, they rather make you pay 20 dolars a year to backup your save files on the cloud. But not all your saves files. And not the game updates. Such a good service...

I think it is more fear of piracy than anything but its dumb.

SKMBlake said:
curl-6 said:

But this is a multiplatform game, and still no footage. It's like they had to release it pretty quickly after the leak and weren't completely ready 

I mean, Mortal Kombat 11 was multiplat too and they kept the Switch version under wraps. There has been some footage, just not of the Switch version, which is pretty common.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 November 2021

curl-6 said:
SKMBlake said:

I mean, Mortal Kombat 11 was multiplat too and they kept the Switch version under wraps. There has been some footage, just not of the Switch version, which is pretty common.

Yes I meant "no footage at all on any platform whatsoever" (besides the 39 seconds trailer).

I guess now we will just wait 2 days to discover it

SKMBlake said:
curl-6 said:

Yes I meant "no footage at all on any platform whatsoever" (besides the 39 seconds trailer).

I guess now we will just wait 2 days to discover it

Yeah no actual gameplay footage to see how it plays, just graphical shots.

I really hate how developers feel the need to show footage from angles you'll never play at, like I understand it, but at least include SOME actual gameplay footage.

When your store page is full of screenshots like this it is so annoying: 

What is this? It's from a 2d level you can't even control the camera. How is showing it from that angle better than showing it from actual gameplay angle? xD