By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

I knew R* client requiring an online connection was going to involve some shitty shenanigans, and wouldn't you fucking know it, everything attached to it cannot be played when the servers go offline.

"it's just another launcher"

Last edited by Chazore - on 12 November 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Radek said:

Beside the dumpster fire that is the PC release, how is the Switch version?

I've seen it runs at pretty low 480p'ish resolution in portable mode and still drops below 30.

Can someone with Switch version tell me if there's Polish language included in availability settings?

I'm asking because Nintendo Switch doesn't have Polish language option, but a lot of games are still translated to Polish by the publisher.

EShop only lists these languages for the game: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean

However when talking about the trilogy Rockstar said: "Newly supported languages; including Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Korean."

It would be weird for them to make a Polish translation and not make it available on every platform, but I can't confirm it has it.

Radek said:

Beside the dumpster fire that is the PC release, how is the Switch version?

I've seen it runs at pretty low 480p'ish resolution in portable mode and still drops below 30.

Can someone with Switch version tell me if there's Polish subtitles included in availability settings?

I'm asking because Nintendo Switch doesn't have Polish language option, but a lot of games are still translated to Polish by the publisher.

All versions are awful actually. But I'm playing them all three (especially Vice City) and I absolutely love playing these games with a modern look (especially lighting wise), I bought my Switch in 2017 hoping to see one GTA game coming on it, and I am not disappointed

The games are a mess, fan-made mods were much better, which is why Take Two took all of them down recently. They even took down the legacy versions so now this clusterfuck is the only version of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas you can legally obtain. Absolutely horrible practice.

Chrizum said:

The games are a mess, fan-made mods were much better, which is why Take Two took all of them down recently. They even took down the legacy versions so now this clusterfuck is the only version of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas you can legally obtain. Absolutely horrible practice.

I don't blame the developers at all for the state of the remasters. I blame it entirely on Rockstar who no doubt forced them to rush it out for the holidays. They delayed GTA V for next-gen to next year and decided this would be their holiday title.

Pretty sure the rumours said months ago that this trilogy was meant to be free for people who preorder GTA VI or something to that affect. But they've rushed it out as a $60 game to fill a holiday slot it was in no way ready for.

Given another 6 months this could have been good, now we have to hope it is eventually fixed but it'll forever be tainted in peoples minds.

Around the Network

Looks like it review bombed.

PS5 version at 63 with all 4 reviews in the yellow.
Switch version at 40 with both available reviews in the red.

User score is terrible all around.

Played San Andreas for about 30 minutes on Series X and didn't notice anything major. But why the hell is there a "fidelity" graphics option that is locked to 30 FPS on Series X? Absolutely laughable.

Chrizum said:

So not only did they fuck over modders, but they decided to fuck over legacy software preservation, and still fuck up their own remaster...

There's virtually no excuse for this level of fuckup. T2 already earned a bad rep from the modding community, but I'm looking around me on the net, and I'm just seeing thread after thread, subreddit after subreddit, going on about how hard it is for them to gain a refund from R* for this mess.

Some suggest others enforce a chargeback from their bank accounts, but to my knowledge, R*/T2 can simply just turn around and deny the chargeback and also ban your entire account(losing your games purchased in the process). 

Just Watch the "we're sorry" PR coming up in the next few weeks, followed by some bs token of apology via £10 GTA V shark cards or something low effort/low budget. At this point they should just fess up, not throw Grove Street games under the bus (like SE did with CD on Avengers), and make the DE free for like a year or something, anything besides a fake apology and some shitty £10 gift card (especially for R* launcher, because fuck using that always online client). 

AAA companies really need to wake the fuck up and stop fucking around, because this kind of disaster feels like a dime a dozen, even to a point where I almost expect this to happen in the future from other companies (which it shouldn't, if they weren't so fucking cheap to hire proper Q&A staff, or at least hire modders like CDPR has recently enacted). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Barozi said:

Looks like it review bombed.

PS5 version at 63 with all 4 reviews in the yellow.
Switch version at 40 with both available reviews in the red.

User score is terrible all around.

Played San Andreas for about 30 minutes on Series X and didn't notice anything major. But why the hell is there a "fidelity" graphics option that is locked to 30 FPS on Series X? Absolutely laughable.

Is it even logical to call it review bombing, when we all see the final result of the product?.

I think it's fully deserved. If a game fucks up this bad and is even taken off digital shelves, it should be negatively reviewed en mass.

Radek said:

It's absolutely horrible...

Bloody hell.

864p on base PS4/Xbone, 648p docked and 480p handheld on Switch, and shite framerates all around, with visuals this mediocre. What were they smoking when they decided this was an acceptable state to release remakes of three of the most famous games of the 21st century?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 November 2021