By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What the literal heck Nintendo?!?

Chrkeller said:

The question isn't if it is overpriced, but more will people pay for it? If people pay for it, at the end of the day it is a good business decision.

You can bet it will make profit, just like PS+ did, XBL and several other stuff that used to be "free" but got a major wallpay and people swolled it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

The question isn't if it is overpriced, but more will people pay for it? If people pay for it, at the end of the day it is a good business decision.

It is Overpriced, for now, but a good deal for people who were going to get the DLC.

If i think about it, I would get it if they give me a new Xenoblade Seasonal Pass or Smash Fighter Pass, I guess they are going for the Animal Crossing Fans for now then expanding it to other games.

The only good deal here is the Family Membership (100% Increased Price, $20 for 4 persons or $10 if you are 8); better than the Individual Memebership (150% Increased Price)

I can see in the future getting more DLC and Game Boy brand games... Maybe haha

Last edited by eddy7eddy - on 15 October 2021

DonFerrari said:
Chrkeller said:

You can bet it will make profit, just like PS+ did, XBL and several other stuff that used to be "free" but got a major wallpay and people swolled it.

Yep.  PSN in particularly bothers me, because souls is my 2nd favorite franchise and I like just jumping online randomly, but hate having to pay for it.  Really I just don't play online via souls as much as I would like because I refuse to pay for PSN.  Online should be free for low volume online gamers such as myself, but it will never happen.  

Nintendo charging for subscription doesn't bother me, because of the VC titles I have on other systems.  I'm just thankful I already own the games.  Subscriptions aren't my thing, though it is the future.  

Only a matter of time before new AAA releases are subscriptions.  

"$30? That's a bit too much, but $10 for N64 and Genesis games being added to the mix isn't TOO bad... wait, what do you mean 'in addition to' the current fee?!?!?"

I miss the days when $10 for a single emulated N64 game you kept forever was considered a bit steep.

Love and tolerate.

Captain_Yuri said:

Everyone else: Pay $60 a year and get 2-3 modern games per month
Nintendo: Pay $50 a year to play 30 year old games that get released every 2-3 months, and most of the third party games are obscure trash that the publisher doesn't have the confidence to remake/resell separately

Fixed

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
kenjab said:

Now I admit, this is one aspect I had not considered.  I have multiple accounts for me and my kids, but we all share a Switch and only one of us plays AC, so I would only need to purchase the DLC once.  If we had multiple AC islands and multiple Switches it does make more sense.

Never thought of it that way either. I don't have kids of my own, but every so often I have my cousin's kids over for tutoring, so it'd be nice to introduce them to N64 games in their spare time.

Your cousin's kids: "Captain, why are you making us play these ugly, blurry games that run like a slideshow with antiquated gameplay mechanics?"

Yeah, absolutely not. For that price they would have to have the entire libraries of both the N64 and Mega Drive available to play immediately for me to even give it a little consideration, and I don't think it would be worth it even then.

$50 a year is way too high. They should have an option to get that online expansion pass without the Animal Crossing DLC for a lower price.

Overpriced... Even when accounting for the fact that the N64 games have online play and run at a higher resolution.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Having a retro collection 98% composed by Nintendo consoles and games that I wish to resell, I am happy that everybody is unhappy with the new price.