By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What the literal heck Nintendo?!?

Including new game DLC is different but just not needed. This is great for Animal Crossing fans which is a huge fanbase but not worth it for anyone else. If this is the plan going forward then it should have been mentioned.

Around the Network

Do I understand this correctly? For $80 US I get the Animal Crossing DLC for all accounts and the N64/Genesis games?

That’s a steal for me. We all would have gladly paid $25 for the DLC and that would have been $75 for all three of us. That makes the online subscription $1.66 apiece.

Count me in!

Well seems like fanbases are all open for being ripped.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

super_etecoon said:

Do I understand this correctly? For $80 US I get the Animal Crossing DLC for all accounts and the N64/Genesis games?

That’s a steal for me. We all would have gladly paid $25 for the DLC and that would have been $75 for all three of us. That makes the online subscription $1.66 apiece.

Count me in!

Now I admit, this is one aspect I had not considered.  I have multiple accounts for me and my kids, but we all share a Switch and only one of us plays AC, so I would only need to purchase the DLC once.  If we had multiple AC islands and multiple Switches it does make more sense.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Overpriced, IMHO, so hard pass. It helps I have most of these games on my Wii U anyway.

Will be interesting to see if consumers will accept the pricing. I always thought PSN+ was overpriced, given online should be free, but millions disagree with me. Might be the same here, meaning it could be wildly successful, I just know they aren't getting my money on this one.

Around the Network

Wtf, maybe they plan to add more DLC and classic platforms to that more expensive plan in the future, but the price increase is still insane.

Zippy6 said:

Feel like the animal crossing dlc was thrown in at the last minute because of the awful reception the new sub got when it was first announced.

I'm inclined to agree. If it was planned all along, then it probably would have been announced during the Direct.

Then again, announcing free Animal Crossing DLC with the subscription for what is normally paid DLC cuts off a ton of sales in the meantime. But at the same time, you'd have a lot of Animal Crossing players who would suddenly find the higher price tier more justified, so who knows?

Everyone else: Pay $60 a year and get 2-3 modern games per month
Nintendo: Pay $50 a year to play 30 year old games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Everyone else: Pay $60 a year and get 2-3 modern games per month
Nintendo: Pay $50 a year to play 30 year old games

And there is people truly interested in it.

And well there is a company that charges about a little more to have a big instantaneous library =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Oh dang I figured it would be $40. What the hell is up with the inclusion of animal DLC. Not everyone owns AC!! So basically it is more expensive than it should because it includes content I can't use. That's very dumb.

In this end this will be worth it once more N64 and Genesis games hit. And presumably they'll eventually add GB and GBA as well, at which point it'll be a good deal. I was going to get this when it came out, but now I think I'll wait until at least all the N64 games the mentioned are coming soon get dropped.

For the price announcment they should have left off the AC DLC and announced that GB and GBA will be coming to this tier in the future so that customers get some assurances on future content and an understanding on why the price is 150% higher rather than a more reasonable 100% higher.