By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What the literal heck Nintendo?!?

What is a heck literally?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Everyone else: Pay $60 a year and get 2-3 modern games per month
Nintendo: Pay $50 a year to play 30 year old games

And there is people truly interested in it.

And well there is a company that charges about a little more to have a big instantaneous library =p

Gotta love that Nintendo milk

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Its weird that the price is higher in the US. For Europe the deal is pretty good if you're interested in AC, you actually save €5 compared to buying the dlc on its own.

This is highway robbery as far as Nintendo paid services or software goes. I'm only subscribing because of the Animal Crossing addition.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Strategyking92 said:

$30-40 a year for NES, SNES, N64, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, and TG16 games is the dream and would actually give the customer a lot of value. What they're doing is not anything unless you are a huge animal crossing fan.

I think $50 would be a fantastic deal for all of that. Well I'd say GB and GBA instead of TG16 and Master System. It seems pretty reasonable that eventually GB and GBA will hit this $50 tier, though knowing Nintendo it might take a couple more years, hell at that point maybe they will just wait a bit more and add those for the Switch 2 launch. But NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA, Genesis, (and maybe more Sega stuff - Saturn?) + Tetris 99 and Pacman 99 (both great games), eventually 200+ games in total, would be awesome for $50. Nintendo has just been super slow in adding to the offerings so we have no idea how long it is going to take for other systems to hit the service.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Nintendo decided to drop the price of the Expansion Pack at the end of the Animal Crossing Direct.....and it's worse than I ever thought haha!! 

They're including this paid Animal Crossing DLC that's usually $25, which is cool, if you play Animal Crossing.

They need to announce EVERYTHING they plan on releasing for this added service to justify more than doubling the current subscription cost!

I'm not one to dogpile on hate campaigns, and I especially like to give Nintendo a bit of leeway since they are the quirky cousin of the gaming world, but holy hell this is bad. This is really bad. This is absurdly stupidly overpriced. I know animal Crossing is a mega hit but more Switch owners DOn'T have Animal Crossing than do, and 30 extra for like six N64 games and a bunch of trash Genesis games? Stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Absurdly overpriced compared to the competition but it isn't terrible value as a standalone service.

Why did they think they needed to include Happy Home Paradise?

For some reason it's not 50 but 40€ unlike with dollars and considering I'm interested in HHP I might subscribe to this for maybe three months.
I hope it's possible to subscribe to the base model for a year and the expansion pack for just a few months, otherwise I'm out.
Was only really looking forward to Paper Mario anyways, the others I either already played or was never really interested in.

$50 is way to much, no matter how you spin it. Should have been 30€/$ or maybe 35. Including AC DLC and raising the price even higher gives people not interested in that a disadvantage.
The controllers are also overpriced, especially the Mega Drive controller. It should have been 30€, like the SNES controller and the N64 controller could have been 40€. Can't justify paying 50€.
If it included gyro aiming and they integrated that into some of the games in the expansion pack this would have been way more reasonable.
At least the games are in HD, although that'll probably be the only difference from the originals.

They could make it more worth the price if they gave each game two modes, one is the original version for authenticity and the other has qol changes and reworked textures and maybe widescreen.
Or they could add Game Boy/Color and GBA to the expansion pack for no additional price.

But obviously they are only doing the minimum while charging a premium price.
NSO has been ok for me so far, apart from the lack of some important games and a generally weak infrastructure for only 20€ a year it was acceptable.
This new pricing though just pisses me off.

The question isn't if it is overpriced, but more will people pay for it? If people pay for it, at the end of the day it is a good business decision.

It should have added an 'spend money to save money' feature.

-Even better Eshop deals.
-Pre ordering games becomes 10$ cheaper digital (and phyical with the official Nintendo store).