By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What the literal heck Nintendo?!?

Feels too high, they really needed to tell us more about what will be added in future to justify such a price hike. I'll get the 1st year for the animal crossing dlc but if they don't add a lot more I'll be going back to the basic version. To justify this price they really need to add more benefits such as price cuts on games, more dlc included with the price etc.

Around the Network

The idea of offering DLC in the premium online plan isn't so bad actually. If it was a global thing; all DLC (or well, all normal ones, I guess huge game expansions wouldn't be smart business-wise). For this offering yeah it's a pretty steep price. But then again I don't even pay the normal price.

50 dollars for just those three things is pure insanity. Just when everyone thought that a 10 dollar rise was the most plausible thing, Nintendo comes down and delivers the best joke ever.

Greed is catching up with them.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I'll wait then. As is, it's simply too expensive.

It looks though like Nintendo wants to add some more things to the expansion pack, as shown with the free Animal Crossing DLC. If there are more, and more appealing (to me at least) additions to the expansion pack, I might join in at a later date, but not right now.

Okay, yeah this is a joke. Imagine almost charging $60 a year for old games. Not even new ones. The internet is gonna rip Nintendo a new one.

Around the Network

I can’t wrap my mind around doubling the price for a handful of N64 games. Too bad too, it’s a nice feature that most people would like to add. Nintendo needs to do the math on this…. Wouldn’t you rather have say 100 customers upgrade for $15 than 10% of those customers upgrading for $35??

Bandorr said:

That may be one of the quickest nopes I've ever done.

From $35 to $80. An additional $45 for a handful of N64, Genesis and WTF ever comes with Animal crossing. They are insane.

So you have a family plan? so you are paying for 8 accounts, 80/8 = 10 bucks a year, plus AC DLC.

34 years playing games.

Way too expensive, especially if you don't play Animal Crossing. There should be a lower price option that doesn't include the DLC then I might consider it (with a better list of titles for N64).

Signature goes here!

KLXVER said:

lol yeah. 30 bucks more a year for a handful of N64 and Genesis games. Worst part is many people will pay for it. Cant put a price on Ocarina Of Time and Mario 64 I guess...

Actually you can.

$10 for each on Wii U, $20 for OoT 3D on 3DS. These games have been available like half a dozen times over on so many consoles since their original iterations that this price hike for a few N64 and Genesis games just seems so out of freaking touch.

TruckOSaurus said:

Way too expensive, especially if you don't play Animal Crossing. There should be a lower price option that doesn't include the DLC then I might consider it (with a better list of titles for N64).

Exactly.  This might be worth it next year when there are triple the N64 games.  But I’m sure that’s wishful thinking on our parts.  I’m assuming by this logic Nintendo thinks that this is all the N64 games they need to put on the service.