By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 41, 2021 - (4th Oct - 10th Oct)

trenchparticipant said:
Chrkeller said:

Wow, cliff delayed.

Having multiple SKUs does that.

Like the Wii U?

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Can't find an OLED here in the states. Shortage seems really.

I still haven't even gotten my preorder from Walmart.  I think they took more preorders than they had units coming unfortunately.

As for Japan, if they had to have lotteries for units, it makes sense for the OLED to have lower launch numbers than the Lite.  After all, the Lite didn't release during a global parts shortage.  Hopefully that means the demand will remain steady and therefore spread the boost out longer than normal for a revision.

trenchparticipant said:
Chrkeller said:

Wow, cliff delayed.

Having multiple SKUs does that.

Thanks for confirming that PS4 only crossed 100m because of rebuys of the Pro model. 

Following the UK numbers I was expecting the OLED Model to do better in Japan. I am guessing Nintendo mainly focused on the west with the OLED Launch.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

A bit lower than expected (I thought 200-250k), but still good numbers.

I didn't expect the OLED to sell more than 250k because of all the heavy hitters coming in this holiday season - gotta have some reserves for those launches, especially Pokemon!

Around the Network

Stock for OLED a lot worse than I was expecting

Link_Nines.XBC said:

We now have 3 Models with pretty similar internals.

Happy to say the Switch OLED is sitting on shelves at our local Bestbuy. Not many interested in it. Gamers don't want to spend over $500 CAD for low end mobile hardware? Without a controller? Shocking, I know. Meanwhile if we could only get more PS5s and XBOXs in stock. Maybe they could start by lowering the price in Canada, where the Switch is truly shockingly expensive.

Since you need a controller and the Switch doesn't come with one (and no, the joycons don't count), it is actually cheaper to buy a PS5 than a Switch.

Last edited by Alistair - on 14 October 2021

Alistair said:

Happy to say the Switch OLED is sitting on shelves at our local Bestbuy. Not many interested in it. Gamers don't want to spend over $500 CAD for low end mobile hardware? Without a controller? Shocking, I know. Meanwhile if we could only get more PS5s and XBOXs in stock. Maybe they could start by lowering the price in Canada, where the Switch is truly shockingly expensive.

Since you need a controller and the Switch doesn't come with one (and no, the joycons don't count), it is actually cheaper to buy a PS5 than a Switch.

If that were true, buy some and sell online.  Sold out in the states.  Easy money