By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 41, 2021 - (4th Oct - 10th Oct)

trenchparticipant said:
Chrkeller said:

Wow, cliff delayed.

Having multiple SKUs does that.

Thanks for confirming that PS4 only crossed 100m because of rebuys of the Pro model. 

Around the Network

A bit lower than expected (I thought 200-250k), but still good numbers.

I didn't expect the OLED to sell more than 250k because of all the heavy hitters coming in this holiday season - gotta have some reserves for those launches, especially Pokemon!

Stock for OLED a lot worse than I was expecting

Link_Nines.XBC said:

We now have 3 Models with pretty similar internals.

Around the Network

Happy to say the Switch OLED is sitting on shelves at our local Bestbuy. Not many interested in it. Gamers don't want to spend over $500 CAD for low end mobile hardware? Without a controller? Shocking, I know. Meanwhile if we could only get more PS5s and XBOXs in stock. Maybe they could start by lowering the price in Canada, where the Switch is truly shockingly expensive.

Since you need a controller and the Switch doesn't come with one (and no, the joycons don't count), it is actually cheaper to buy a PS5 than a Switch.

Last edited by Alistair - on 14 October 2021

Alistair said:

Happy to say the Switch OLED is sitting on shelves at our local Bestbuy. Not many interested in it. Gamers don't want to spend over $500 CAD for low end mobile hardware? Without a controller? Shocking, I know. Meanwhile if we could only get more PS5s and XBOXs in stock. Maybe they could start by lowering the price in Canada, where the Switch is truly shockingly expensive.

Since you need a controller and the Switch doesn't come with one (and no, the joycons don't count), it is actually cheaper to buy a PS5 than a Switch.

If that were true, buy some and sell online.  Sold out in the states.  Easy money 

Alistair said:

The RRP of the OLED switch is $450 in Canada.

The RRP of the PS5 is $629.99 ($499.99 for digital).

And you might hate the joycons but plenty of people have no issue using them for tv gaming. I think they're fine used detached. I don't use the grip thingie though I think that's trash.

low-end hardware you can make a case for but the rest of your post is... yikes.

Chrkeller said:
Alistair said:

If that were true, buy some and sell online.  Sold out in the states.  Easy money 

Not easy money when they are sitting on our shelves and nobody wants them... I'd have to charge a lot, since the Canadian price is higher than the US one also.

The SwOled sold pretty well considering it came out 2 whole days before the sales charts went up