By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 41, 2021 - (4th Oct - 10th Oct)

Alistair said:
Zippy6 said:

So the most expensive switch costs more than the cheapest PlayStation 5 if you conveniently decide the controllers are worthless garbage. Nice! xD

As I've pointed out, so according to this week's sales, home consoles are preferred 2 to 1 vs Switch. But there's a little bubble here at this website where everyone thinks the Switch is popular, when it isn't. This isn't Japan. I see 3 to 1 home consoles over Switches among sales at our store.

You must be lost, son. This is the Famitsu thread, which is specifically about Japanese sales, and where the Switch outsold all other consoles 9 to 1 in the week in question.

Take your off-topic Canadian sales talk elsewhere please.



SW-3707-5131-3911

Around the Network

Xbox Series X|S is now over 100k so it should past Xbox One lifetime sales not by the end of the year but by the end of this month.



Wasn't Switch the best selling console for 25 months in a row last year in Canada...
https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/12/15/nintendo-switch-best-selling-console-canada-25-consecutive-months/

also why is it the highest selling console on Amazon.ca for 2021 if it's losing popularity..
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/bestsellers/2021/videogames

very curious if this person is part of some small Canadian bubble that is anti-Switch



Xbox Series still doing good. It only needs ~13k to outsell Xbox One Lifetime.

Switch OLED sales first week seems decent.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Alistair said:
Chrkeller said:

If that were true, buy some and sell online.  Sold out in the states.  Easy money 

Not easy money when they are sitting on our shelves and nobody wants them... I'd have to charge a lot, since the Canadian price is higher than the US one also.

Here in Germany on Amazon the OLED's price went up to 459€ from the original 349€ and it still completely sold out.

But of course nobody wants it.



Around the Network
Alistair said:
Zippy6 said:

So the most expensive switch costs more than the cheapest PlayStation 5 if you conveniently decide the controllers are worthless garbage. Nice! xD

As I've pointed out, so according to this week's sales, home consoles are preferred 2 to 1 vs Switch. But there's a little bubble here at this website where everyone thinks the Switch is popular, when it isn't. This isn't Japan. I see 3 to 1 home consoles over Switches among sales at our store.

Is this some poor atempt at trolling? Do you even read what you write?



Alistair said:
Zippy6 said:

The RRP of the OLED switch is $450 in Canada.

The RRP of the PS5 is $629.99 ($499.99 for digital).

And you might hate the joycons but plenty of people have no issue using them for tv gaming. I think they're fine used detached. I don't use the grip thingie though I think that's trash.

low-end hardware you can make a case for but the rest of your post is... yikes.

No, nobody uses the joycons if they have a choice. Every person I know with a Switch hates them. Yikes. The Switch costs $450 CAD plus tax which is $504, a ridiculous sum when the SNES was $200 and had two controllers and Super Mario World included. 

Apparently you can't read. I said the PS5 with a real controller vs. Switch with a real controller, which it is. $500 for the PS5 digital, $540 plus tax for the Switch. Everyone wants the PS5 digital, but they can't get one.

playing with split joycons is actually really comfortable IMO. also prevents wrist strain in the right positons



TheBraveGallade said:
Alistair said:

No, nobody uses the joycons if they have a choice. Every person I know with a Switch hates them. Yikes. The Switch costs $450 CAD plus tax which is $504, a ridiculous sum when the SNES was $200 and had two controllers and Super Mario World included. 

Apparently you can't read. I said the PS5 with a real controller vs. Switch with a real controller, which it is. $500 for the PS5 digital, $540 plus tax for the Switch. Everyone wants the PS5 digital, but they can't get one.

playing with split joycons is actually really comfortable IMO. also prevents wrist strain in the right positons

I agree tbh it's actually quite comfortable especially in table top mode.



trunkswd said:
Kneetos said:

You are correct I did mistype

Ignore me

I just wanted to make sure. Here is NY once you add the sales tax the OLED would cost you $381. Still not the same as in the UK. A shame how much UK gamers are getting hurt by the exchange rate compared to the US.

which is why asian prices for switches are the cheapest, actually. though it does depend on local tax for the US...

specifically I think japanese regular switches are only 270$.



Alistair said:
Zippy6 said:

The RRP of the OLED switch is $450 in Canada.

The RRP of the PS5 is $629.99 ($499.99 for digital).

And you might hate the joycons but plenty of people have no issue using them for tv gaming. I think they're fine used detached. I don't use the grip thingie though I think that's trash.

low-end hardware you can make a case for but the rest of your post is... yikes.

No, nobody uses the joycons if they have a choice. Every person I know with a Switch hates them. Yikes.

Well, I can disprove this right now.

I like playing with split Joycons and while I own a Pro controller which I'll use for games like Ori or currently Metroid Dread, I actually prefer the Joycons for other games that are more relaxed/slower paced or use their motion capabilities well like No More Heroes III, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc.

Crazy how different people have different preferences, huh?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 October 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.