By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 41, 2021 - (4th Oct - 10th Oct)

Yes its obvious the PS5 will fail in Japan just like the PS4
I predict 2 things
1. Switch sales will go under 100k soonish
2. Some people will blame this on chip shortages
Though I think its just that the demand for OLED is not that great for an extra $50

Around the Network
src said:

Oh no, all those early Amazon and Netflix who looked at revenue growth must really be crying to themselves. Kirby007 definitely knows what he is talking about.

/s

You really don't know how economics work, do you?

Startups are measured on revenue growth because they bring a promise of future profits. Not making profits at that time is considered okay because it's considered that they need to establish themselves first. But that's only for startups.

No such need on established companies like Sony, where profits and especially the profit margin are all that matter. Having a high revenue but low profits are considered a bad sign and an indicator that the company is not well managed. Low profits also mean low dividend on the shares, and as such tends to lower their stock value. That's why profits are much more important than revenue in big companies.

GProgrammer said:

Yes its obvious the PS5 will fail in Japan just like the PS4
I predict 2 things
1. Switch sales will go under 100k soonish
2. Some people will blame this on chip shortages
Though I think its just that the demand for OLED is not that great for an extra $50

Yeah, that's why the OLED model is sold out everywhere. Oh, wait...

Nintendo themselves thought also that demand for the OLED model would be lower, so they're ramping up the production of that model now. But since it shares the chip with the base model and the lite, it's just a swap around as to which model gets what amount of chips and the total number is limited by how many Nintendo can get of those.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 21 October 2021

Marketshare is measured in units sold. When you get a report on the marketshare of Android vs iOS phones, the prices of those phones doesn't enter the equation.

Signature goes here!