By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 41, 2021 - (4th Oct - 10th Oct)

RolStoppable said:

That you bring up MHW is a sign of the victim complex that is carried around by a good chunk of the PS userbase. For every example where the Nintendo userbase sold a PS product short, you can find at least two examples of a Nintendo product being sold short by the PS userbase... The PS userbase is constantly trying to put others down

Well I agreed with all of your post except when it got to the "PS Fans are worse than Nintendo fans" warring.

Around the Network

All "hardcore" fan bases are just as bad as each other.
The day the console wars dies and everyone can just have fun will come once pigs fly, hell freezes or when the SCP foundation allows 3003 to our earth

RolStoppable said:

ResetEra is the place where a ton of people were seriously convinced that Final Fantasy VII Remake would sell more than Animal Crossing: New Horizons globally.

To be fair, the poll clearly indicated lifetime sales across all platforms. There was also confusion to be had from the fact that FF7R would be split up into multiple games and whether or not the poll was asking about the cumulative total for Remake or just the first game. Had the poll asked for just PS4 FF7R vs Switch ACNH then it would have been very lopsided towards Animal Crossing. As such, who knows FF7R Complete Collection of all 4 games could be a 10 million seller on the Switch 3 and that might push the total of FF7R just beyond ACNH. 

Megiddo said:
RolStoppable said:

ResetEra is the place where a ton of people were seriously convinced that Final Fantasy VII Remake would sell more than Animal Crossing: New Horizons globally.

To be fair, the poll clearly indicated lifetime sales across all platforms. There was also confusion to be had from the fact that FF7R would be split up into multiple games and whether or not the poll was asking about the cumulative total for Remake or just the first game. Had the poll asked for just PS4 FF7R vs Switch ACNH then it would have been very lopsided towards Animal Crossing. As such, who knows FF7R Complete Collection of all 4 games could be a 10 million seller on the Switch 3 and that might push the total of FF7R just beyond ACNH. 

I doubt it would have been "lopsided" plenty of ps fans would have voted for FF regardless. Also comparing an episodic release and still not being sure it could beat it sounds pretty bad.

This isn't directed at you but each fanbase certainly has its naysayers about the other no matter the circumstances. I'm a Nintendo fan myself but the constant beat down of Japanese developers can get a little out of hand no matter how ridiculous they look by ignoring the market leader. Playstation fans can be quite obnoxious as well, I see them mention WiiU more than Vita lol. WiiU is so important to them while Vita just never happened. 

In a world where in a typical week 23-27 of the top 30 are on Switch, any notion other systems are competitive in Japan is just not accepting reality. It is what it is.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
RolStoppable said:

Do you know how much ACNH has sold?

tbone51 said:
Megiddo said:

36m in a year and 11 days

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

tbone51 said:
Megiddo said:

A ton. Enough to where I said that after a theoretical 4 games of the Remake series on various platforms plus 10 million copies of a 'complete collection' of all games on a theoretical Switch 3 might push it past ACNH. Believe me, I ain't selling ACNH short. It's a sales behemoth for sure. 

Megiddo said:
tbone51 said:

A ton. Enough to where I said that after a theoretical 4 games of the Remake series on various platforms plus 10 million copies of a 'complete collection' of all games on a theoretical Switch 3 might push it past ACNH. Believe me, I ain't selling ACNH short. It's a sales behemoth for sure. 

That’s a tall order even if AC stopped selling right now. AC going to hit over 50mil when it’s all said

kirby007 said:
tbone51 said:

36m in a year and 11 days

It was a bit less than that.

33.89mil in 15 months.

FF7R isn't going to outsell AC even with four games even when the sequel's sales don't drop from part 1 at all. That would be 5-7mil each with another 10mil on top. That would be enough to outsell where AC is now, but not where it'll end up at. Namely beyond 40mil, maybe over 45mil.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 20 October 2021