By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 41, 2021 - (4th Oct - 10th Oct)

tbone51 said:
padib said:

Did you just cuck us tbone?

Well..... I’m on Installbase right now 🤔 

I saw.

Around the Network

I know COMG is a small sample size but it seems to indicate a big second week drop for Far Cry 6.

tbone51 said:
padib said:

Totally off topic, but is Install Base a ResetEra renegade or a NeoGAF one? Looks almost exactly like those two, so it could be an affiliate as well, I think. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
tbone51 said:

Totally off topic, but is Install Base a ResetEra renegade or a NeoGAF one? Looks almost exactly like those two, so it could be an affiliate as well, I think. 

A bunch of media create thread resetera users (mainly Nintendo fans from the looks of it) got butthurt that they got moderated with a ban and so left to make their own site. All these forums run on the same platform, Xenforo, they just wrap them up in different skins.

Looking at it right now, they have 40 members online......dead before it even started.

What the videogame sales community needs is a website built by actual software engineers, with database management, queries and automated scraping, collating all sales information in an accessible and easy to maintain way. Unfortunately this gets harder as time goes on, as more data is lost in random forum posts.

src said:
Metallox said:

A bunch of media create thread resetera users (mainly Nintendo fans from the looks of it) got butthurt that they got moderated with a ban and so left to make their own site. All these forums run on the same platform, Xenforo, they just wrap them up in different skins.

Looking at it right now, they have 40 members online......dead before it even started.

What the videogame sales community needs is a website built by actual software engineers, with database management, queries and automated scraping, collating all sales information in an accessible and easy to maintain way. Unfortunately this gets harder as time goes on, as more data is lost in random forum posts.

Ouch, and this is the reason why we have the forum. Butthurt is it? Nah I think it’s something else, but what can it be I wonder 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
padib said:

Can you tell em to hurry with approvinv accounts jfc been waiting like a week

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

src said:
Metallox said:

Stop being a fool of a took, they have barely 400 users approved, cant have thousands online can they now 

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Metallox said:
tbone51 said:

A media create thread on Era went into meltdown because some people got upset at the sales numbers not even joking either as people just started attacking users discussing the sales, a mod who began banning people saying the discussion of sales was toxic but left those doing the attacks was later outed in reddit as someone screenshotted their comment on a discord showing their intent. This lead to people leaving Era to form their own boards.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 18 October 2021

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

Ouch, and this is the reason why we have the forum. Butthurt is it? Nah I think it’s something else, but what can it be I wonder 

Butthurt definitely played a big part in the fallout. The PlayStation community on ResetEra had rallied hard against the Media Create threads and its community because the sales numbers didn't put PS in a favorable light. The trolls got backed up by the mod team under the guise of MC threads being a toxic and unwelcoming place, which then led to heavyhanded moderation of all the wrong people.

Once the dust had settled and the PS community could have it's supposed more welcoming Media Create discussions, it turned out that there's no interest in discussing Japanese sales numbers among the PS community and so sales threads on ResetEra have lower activity levels than on Install Base despite Era having hundreds of times more users than the new upstart. But the mission was accomplished and the PS community on Era can live in its desired bubble that shields it from reality.

Yeah, branching out  to InstallBase and buddy forum: Famiboards( this are focused on Nintendo)

Some PS hard fan users don´t wanna Japanese sales discussion and go crazy. Then the Sales Era builds a space for good sales discussions. 

Wyrdness said:
Metallox said:

A media create thread on Era went into meltdown because some people got upset at the sales numbers not even joking either as people just started attacking users discussing the sales, a mod who began banning people saying the discussion of sales was toxic but left those doing the attacks was later outed in reddit as someone screenshotted their comment on a discord showing their intent. This lead to people leaving Era to form their own boards.

That's both funny and sad.  I guess I didn't realize just how much of a religion Playstation worship has become.  The data is the data.  A person could love Nintendo, but they had to accept that the Wii U was a total flop.  Now it's obvious that PS5 is not doing well at all in Japan, Playstation fans are going to need to come to a similar realization. 

I guess the saddest part is that a mod chose a side.