By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts series coming to Switch as cloud versions

SKMBlake said:

Sorry I meant "fiber", I lost the final boss fight against the 167th add in 2 min on the mobile version of the website, thus the typo

I hear you on that. I finally bit the bullet and became a bronze supporter and the mobile site works soooooo much better without ads. Sucks that it had to come to that but I spend so much time here I have no problem pitching in a few bucks.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Jumpin said:

The way people think the video game industry works is laughable.

They’re not sitting there at Square saying “We have a job to port these games over to Switch… but you know what? That’s boring! I’d rather do something else!”

It has nothing to do with laziness, it has to do with resources and ROI and feasibility. If it was feasible and Square felt it was worth the ROI, there are any number of teams they could pay to port it over.

Then call it Square being cheap. If CD Projekt Red could get the ENTIRE Witcher 3 game, including both expansions on a single cartridge, then Square could do the same on remastered PSP and PS3 games. There's no excuse. 

As though video game companies need to provide you with a satisfactory excuse for what they do when their business decisions don’t satisfy you. Your post is dripping with entitlement.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Then call it Square being cheap. If CD Projekt Red could get the ENTIRE Witcher 3 game, including both expansions on a single cartridge, then Square could do the same on remastered PSP and PS3 games. There's no excuse. 

As though video game companies need to provide you with a satisfactory excuse for what they do when their business decisions don’t satisfy you. Your post is dripping with entitlement.

No, I just recognize when one company makes an effort and the other doesn't :) both Square and CD are nearly equal in market cap, so money was never an issue, and with the mainline games having never been on a Nintendo system before, people would've gobbled them up. You'd think Square would've recognized the demand there. Oh well.

Would it have been that hard to put the entire Final Chapter Prologue on one or two cartridges?

mZuzek said:
Dulfite said:

If I have really good internet (I may get fiber soon), and if I had a choice between a native version of a game and a cloud one, wouldn't the cloud one be a more impressive experience? Isn't that the whole idea, to be able to pump out more graphically powerful experiences for people that have great internet speeds? Obviously, people without good (or any) internet are left out for cloud games, but for those of us with really good internet, I'm curious if it is actually a good thing to get the cloud version instead of just a native version.

Generally, yes, cloud allows for better graphics on weaker hardware. However in this case it only applies to Kingdom Hearts 3 (a PS4 game), as the Switch is more than capable of running the other games with the exact same graphics. That's what annoys everyone here, the games could've easily been ported over but Square Enix didn't care enough to actually do it.

On a personal note though, I still prefer a port with worse graphics/framerate/resolution over a cloud version.

You'd prefer it over that, even if the cloud version had no lag due to amazing internet? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing Switch games on the go too (especially in my house), but for AAA higher quality games (like Botw or the upcoming Metroid Prime 4), I absolutely want to sit on the couch, turn down the lights, and immerse myself. And that immersion, if I understand correctly, would be improved by playing a cloud version if the internet is great.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
SKMBlake said:

No, it was not. Not even the same engine. The Switch version uses the old engine before Frostbite used on PS4 and One versions.

Yeah, the Switch version uses the old engine before Frostbite used on PS4 and One... the Ignition engine... which was used for the X360 version of FIFA '18... which was ported to the Switch...

Nope, the X360 used the Impact engine, not the Ignite. The latter was never made compatible with older generations

I think Square is testing the waters here and seeing if cloud versions on the Switch have potential. In the long run, I think it's a good thing, because unless Nintendo plans to step up their hardware, it's going to get harder to port games as companies adapt fully to the next gen consoles, and cloud games might be the most realistic way for some games to make it to Nintendo hardware.

Kneetos said:

I understand 3
But really, 1.5 and 2.5 HD?

Do the biggest publishers just not care anymore

About you? No! about your money? Yes!

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:
Kneetos said:

I understand 3
But really, 1.5 and 2.5 HD?

Do the biggest publishers just not care anymore

About you? No! about your money? Yes!

If they cared about making money they might actually put some decent effort or thought into these releases.

When this innevitably doesn't have the returns they're hoping for, I look forward to seeing which Western division studio they decide to hold accountable for their disappointments, while simultaneously giving Nomura another unlimited budget for his next 10+ year prototype project that he may or may not finish himself.

Ps2 does what switch cannot.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil