By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts series coming to Switch as cloud versions

SKMBlake said:
burninmylight said:

Yeah, the Switch version uses the old engine before Frostbite used on PS4 and One... the Ignition engine... which was used for the X360 version of FIFA '18... which was ported to the Switch...

Nope, the X360 used the Impact engine, not the Ignite. The latter was never made compatible with older generations

OK, Impact not Ignite, even though Wikipedia says Ignite for PS360 and Switch. Literally everything else I said is still factual. Can we stop derailing the thread for the most minor of details now?

I bet you get invited to all of the parties, don't you?

Last edited by burninmylight - on 06 October 2021

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
SKMBlake said:

Nope, the X360 used the Impact engine, not the Ignite. The latter was never made compatible with older generations

OK, Impact not Ignite, even though Wikipedia says Ignite for PS360 and Switch. Literally everything else I said is still factual. Can we stop derailing the thread for the most minor of details now?

Yeah, wiki is wrong. If you look at Fifa 16, it says Ignite but only for PS4, Xbox One and PC, back in 2014 it was already been reported that X360/PS3 versions would stay under the Impact engine and that the Ignite engine was not compatible with older generations.

And I am actually, thanks for asking !

I'm playing it, I don't care
As a Nintendo gamer, I always wantes to play kingdom Hearts and no I can play on a Nintendo plataform =D

SKMBlake said:
burninmylight said:

Yeah, wiki is wrong. If you look at Fifa 16, it says Ignite but only for PS4, Xbox One and PC, back in 2014 it was already been reported that X360/PS3 versions would stay under the Impact engine and that the Ignite engine was not compatible with older generations.

And I am actually, thanks for asking !

Thank you, that was very relevant to the topic. Make sure to take that same anally pedantic attitude to your parties, it'll go over well!

twintail said:
burninmylight said:

So you're saying that it's easier on development to port from PS3 to Switch as opposed to PS4 to Switch?

no?

Well you did say that PS4 to Switch is obviously easier, I presume than PS3 to Switch. I'm no programmer, so I was going to ask you to explain.

If all these games were originally PS4 titles, then we'd be a lot more understanding. But everything except KH3 is available on PS3, so get the fuck outta here Squeenix.

Around the Network

I mean, its better than nothing. But they could have released a trilogy bundle. Would have sold a ton