By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts series coming to Switch as cloud versions

forest-spirit said:

That has got to be a contender for most lazy port of all time.

Nope, EA's yearly FIFA release on Switch will keep smashing the record every 12 months or so. FIFA '22 is just FIFA '21, which was '20, which was '19, which was '18, which was a port of the X360 version. All the "newer" versions are just $40 roster updates and close to literally nothing else.

Around the Network
twintail said:

I mean, porting from PS3 to Switch is not like a day's work. PS4 to switch is obviously easier but it's still going to require a lot of work to do. 

The way I see it, they probably felt because KH3 was not something they were willing to port, there was no need for the other entries. 

So you're saying that it's easier on development to port from PS3 to Switch as opposed to PS4 to Switch?

burninmylight said:

which was a port of the X360 version

No, it was not. Not even the same engine. The Switch version uses the old engine before Frostbite used on PS4 and One versions.

Kakadu18 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

My impression from forum comments was that previous cloud titles ran pretty well (Control, Hitman 3). I haven't tried it myself but while I do think it's lazy not to port the old titles, someone who wants to play Kingdom Hearts on Switch will still be able to do it.

I played Hitman 3 cloud version and yes, it runs great as long as the internet connection is stable and strong. That means wireless is not an option and with that no handheld.

I wouldn't play a cloud version of a fast paced action game, because even with my rather good connection it stuttered or froze regularly. No big deal with Hitman which is mostly slow paced and methodical and doesn't require fast reactions or whatever.

Based on that I'm disappointed by 1.5 and 2.5 not being native because that is for me still vastly supperior to streaming a game.

Not true, I played both Control and Hitman 3 on wifi and handheld, got no issue. And I don't even had fiber internet.

Last edited by AJNShelton - on 05 October 2021

SKMBlake said:
Kakadu18 said:

I played Hitman 3 cloud version and yes, it runs great as long as the internet connection is stable and strong. That means wireless is not an option and with that no handheld.

I wouldn't play a cloud version of a fast paced action game, because even with my rather good connection it stuttered or froze regularly. No big deal with Hitman which is mostly slow paced and methodical and doesn't require fast reactions or whatever.

Based on that I'm disappointed by 1.5 and 2.5 not being native because that is for me still vastly supperior to streaming a game.

Not true, I played both Control and Hitman 3 on wifi and handheld, got no issue. And I don't even had fijer internet.

Thanks for telling me that I'm lying. When using wifi I was kicked out of the game after less than 30 seconds because of an unstable connection.

And what is fijer?

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 05 October 2021

Around the Network

Sorry I meant "fiber", I lost the final boss fight against the 167th add in 2 min on the mobile version of the website, thus the typo

gtotheunit91 said:

Oh......I thought it was just KH3 that was the Cloud version, oh well.

That's what it should be, but it appears Square can't be bothered.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Oh......I thought it was just KH3 that was the Cloud version, oh well.

That's what it should be, but it appears Square can't be bothered.

Well they're bothered with putting PS4/PS5 games on the Switch (Life Is Strange 3 and Life Is Strange remastered collection), but not PS2 games

ROFL

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

SKMBlake said:
Kakadu18 said:

Not true, I played both Control and Hitman 3 on wifi and handheld, got no issue. And I don't even had fiber internet.

It´s working fine here too.