By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts series coming to Switch as cloud versions

Do we know for absolute sure that the games that aren't KH3 are definitely going to be cloud versions? I can see how the wording in Sakurai's presentation could be interpreted either way.

EDIT: Read the tweet in the original post one more time. No doubt about it. What an unfunny joke. During the presentation, I was telling myself that this would be another instance where I wish I could go back in time to tell myself not to buy games on older consoles to get them for newer ones, but I will gladly stick with my PS3 versions of 1.5 and 2.5.

Last edited by burninmylight - on 05 October 2021

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Signalstar said:

I got the All in One Package on my PS4 for physical for $50. Great deal. Still have four games to play through.

Cloud is better than nothing.

A shit next to a slightly less smelly shit is still a shit. 

My impression from forum comments was that previous cloud titles ran pretty well (Control, Hitman 3). I haven't tried it myself but while I do think it's lazy not to port the old titles, someone who wants to play Kingdom Hearts on Switch will still be able to do it.

Signature goes here!

That has got to be a contender for most lazy port of all time.

Cool for people who only have the Switch as an option. Personally, as someone who owns other machines capable of running it, the only way I'd have been interested is if I could've played on the go, so I'll not be purchasing this.

TruckOSaurus said:
Vodacixi said:

My impression from forum comments was that previous cloud titles ran pretty well (Control, Hitman 3). I haven't tried it myself but while I do think it's lazy not to port the old titles, someone who wants to play Kingdom Hearts on Switch will still be able to do it.

Not if you want to play the games portably. Which is the main appeal of the Switch version.

But of course, for those four little fellas that only have a Switch and no PS3/4/5, Xbox One/One X or a PC  don't care about portable play at all or having to be online everytime they want to play a single player game... Yeah, I guess this is all very good news for them. 

Around the Network

I just don't understand why they didn't even port the HD 1.5+2.5 natively. What's the issue? They're PS3 games. It's not hardware related. Is it storage? So then they couldn't just sell them separately and actually compress the games? Hell, they even did this before: iirc FF12 is like 50GB on PS4 and on Switch it fits a 16GB cart. Couldn't they do the same for 1.5 and 2.5? If the games are too big and they didn't want to spent too much on cartridges, couldn't they just do a digital only release? It's good that the games are on Switch in some form, but my god Square Enix is so stupid.

Very Lazy of them to not port the first 2. They should of been available early on the Switch's life to be honest, could been an easy 1m when the system was sparse on software

Lazy AF. 1.5 and 2.5 were on PS3 so obviously power isn't an issue in the slightest for them and they should have native versions. I could accept KH3 being cloud only but the others not being native versions is just insulting.

They simply don't want to put the effort in for the Switch.

Why? Why not even bothering with 1 and 2? Those ran on much older hardware, the Switch can handle more than that.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

TruckOSaurus said:
Vodacixi said:

I played Hitman 3 cloud version and yes, it runs great as long as the internet connection is stable and strong. That means wireless is not an option and with that no handheld.

I wouldn't play a cloud version of a fast paced action game, because even with my rather good connection it stuttered or froze regularly. No big deal with Hitman which is mostly slow paced and methodical and doesn't require fast reactions or whatever.

Based on that I'm disappointed by 1.5 and 2.5 not being native because that is for me still vastly supperior to streaming a game.