By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 3 gameplay trailer, coming 2022

Are people still port begging this series? They said it 4 years ago on the teaser . "In development exclusively for Nintendo Switch" It's not a hard concept to grasp. Rights issues are messy but yeah SEGA owns the IP but Nintendo owns the publishing rights for the sequels.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Are people still port begging this series? They said it 4 years ago on the teaser . "In development exclusively for Nintendo Switch" It's not a hard concept to grasp. Rights issues are messy but yeah SEGA owns the IP but Nintendo owns the publishing rights for the sequels.

Xbox and Playstation fans: "I'm tired of all the Switch port begging."

Xbox and Playstation fans: "Why can't we have Bayonetta 3?"

Darc Requiem said:
Leynos said:

I’m not surprised if that continues again with Bayo 3 finally getting a gameplay reveal trailer.

Leynos said:

port begging need makes sense. 

Exclusivity for moneyhatting or sweat deals of distribution is one thing.

When a company funding the game, it´s another entirely situation.

Darc Requiem said:
Leynos said:

I personally don't think asking for ports is inherently a bad thing, but one does need to be willing to take no for an answer, and ask for sensible/possible things.

I mean, as a Switch gamer I've "port begged" for several games, such as Crash Bandicoot 4 and Sniper Elite 4, but those were games that actually had a chance of coming over (and in fact eventually did) and if the dev had just said, "no, sorry, that isn't going to happen" I'd leave it at that. I'd also never ask for say, Spiderman or Horizon Zero Dawn on Switch, for obvious reasons.

The problem with the port-begging for Bayonetta 2/3 is that people seem to be refusing to accept no for answer and continue to pester the devs about it endlessly, for years on end, after being told numerous times why it's not happening.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 September 2021

Around the Network

It lacked a bit in sexual inuendo. That is honestly what made the first two games interesting to me. Never played it, but this made for some hilarious lets plays I still like to watch.

After watching Project Eve, this just looked so flat. Bayonetta 1 is still my fave with the set pieces, the space harrier section and a lot creative level design. Bayonetta 2 seemed simpler and smaller in scale and creativity. With bayonetta 3 it seems like their budget has been cut even more.

Fei-Hung said:

After watching Project Eve, this just looked so flat. Bayonetta 1 is still my fave with the set pieces, the space harrier section and a lot creative level design. Bayonetta 2 seemed simpler and smaller in scale and creativity. With bayonetta 3 it seems like their budget has been cut even more.

Bayonetta 2 is a larger scale than 1 WTF are you on about? Far more over-the-top set pieces. You don't know the budget to make any claims.

Screenshots of this game are far better than the compressed Direct trailer. I mentioned this in an earlier post. They are alluding to the lack of color is on purpose if you notice the name of the guns which is also a 1960s song. Colour My World.  It's also sounding like 2 actresses will play Bayo or what we perceive as Bayo.

the-pi-guy said:
Leynos said:

Or don't be a thief.

Emulation isn't the same thing as piracy.

At least in the US, you're legally allowed to emulate. You can even legally sell emulators, it's not a black market, it's not even a gray market. It's just legal.

While emulation is often facilitated by piracy, they are not the same thing, and one does not necessarily lead to the other. As such, they should not be conflated together.

Owning an emulator is legal, however an emulator is worthless without software.  Owning software that was not licensed by Nintendo is absolutely illegal.  When someone buys a game, you have bought a license, you don't own the actual software.

the-pi-guy said:
Leynos said:

Or don't be a thief.

Emulation isn't the same thing as piracy.

At least in the US, you're legally allowed to emulate. You can even legally sell emulators, it's not a black market, it's not even a gray market. It's just legal.

While emulation is often facilitated by piracy, they are not the same thing, and one does not necessarily lead to the other. As such, they should not be conflated together.

Yeah, except he's not buying the game at all and so, therefore, stealing the game.